ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fan speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravilimbani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fan speed
    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:23pm
So I recently made a gaming pc
ryzen 2200g
ab350
8gb ddr4 ram
rx 470
and 550w evga psu

I installed some fans (corsair af120) but they always run at 1500 rpm and I don't know how to lower the speed as they make a lot of noise even idle I used a tuner but I can't seem to get the fans to go slower. They are plugged into a 4 pin socket.

hope this makes sense
any help would be appreciated
Samuel100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samuel100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 1:57am
The fans in your PC are loud because either:

a) their design is inefficient, or
b) something is causing them to spin faster than they should.

If it's a) there is very little you can do short of replacing them with low noise fans. I once built a system with horrendously noisy fans. Nothing I did could quiet them down, so I ended up having to replace them with new ones with a lower noise rating and that solved my issue.

If it's b) then you need to look into the root cause for the excessive fan noise. A good place to start is the system BIOS. Check for settings that can affect case or CPU fan speed, such as thermal management. If the settings are too aggressive they may be causing the fans to speed up more than necessary. If there is a fan speed override that was left on turn it back off. Make sure when you are testing the sounds, you will miss the changes that you will notice after changing the settings so make sure don't be lazy. Since it sounds like you've already covered those bases, verify that you have good airflow inside your case. Intake fans should go at the bottom; exhaust fans at the top. Of course, you also need to make sure they're blowing air in the right direction.
At the end of the day you may just need to get silent fans if none of that helps.
My suggestion is to always start by cleaning the inside of your PC, then playing around with the fan speed presets in the BIOS.
Hope you found it helpful and it truly helps.
Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic