ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steel Legend RGB ultility not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunkin_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 7:17pm
I'm having quite the problem here, I think after updating the BIOS from the latest version 2.00, the lights won't even work. Even configuring it from the UEFI settings wont help. Anyone having the same problem here?
CDub0687 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDub0687 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:28pm
What version of Polychrome are you using?
dunkin_boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunkin_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:34pm
I'm using 2.0.4.
CDub0687 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDub0687 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:43pm
Thats the version I have currently. The nu_51 file is 3.02.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunkin_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:56pm
I see. But what bothers me the most is that it wont even light up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunkin_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:40pm
Update:

I managed to make it work again by reflashing the firmware.

Gigabit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigabit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:48am
teach me to reflashing firmware.i fix it many way it not work.
DanAnting View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanAnting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 8:28am
I have the same problem is there a solution yet? I've tried the cmd stuff all it does is turn my leds off and back on. The utility error still pops up.
phatphan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatphan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 12:53pm
Same problem
MonkeyJamboree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonkeyJamboree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 2:53pm
I also joined just to reply to this thread. I've had LOTS of issues with the Polychrome software. I first attempted to use version 1.0.38 as linked on [URL=https://www.asrock.com/microsite/PolychromeRGB/]https://www.asrock.com/microsite/PolychromeRGB/[/URL], the first google result for "Polychrome RGB." That did nothing but crash when it attempted to load. Then I dug through the support section for my motherboard and found version 2.0.4. That initially crashed when trying to install (because version 1.0.38 was still installed, and left over one of the Mslo* files). After removal of the entire "ASRock Utility" folder in the Program Files (x86) install folder, I was able to successfully install it. Upon running the first time, it downloaded and updated the RGB firmware (?), and seemed to work, to a point.

However, I still have issues with it. Sometimes the application still gives memory read errors when trying to start up (even though it's running with admin privileges). It doesn't actually save the component sync settings. Components seem to slowly have styles in their dropdown removed over time for some reason. Sometimes a third tab appears at the top randomly (Razer Chroma maybe? I can't recall what it is offhand).

General usability issues: There is no taskbar icon showing that the application is even open. The styles/patterns for the RAM are different from ones provided by the RAM manufacturer's application (T-Force Blitz). No advanced control or custom pattern capabilities. Many "modes" completely unavailable when trying to sync with the motherboard (Music, Wave, Spring, Stack, Cram, and Scan all greyed out). Name difference between "mode" on the motherboard settings tab and "style" on the component dropdown tab. Speed settings disappear when using component sync capability. Likely much more but that's just off the top of my head and looking at the application on a surface level.

PC Info - This is a brand new PC build, with several different RGB components, as follows:
Windows 10 Pro
ASRock B450M Steel Legend motherboard
Teamgroup T-Force Night Hawk Legend RAM (DDR4-3466) 2x8GB (gets RGB info through RAM slots)
Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M (uses the 5V pin header on the motherboard)
several other components without RGB support (4 SATA drives, PSU, case, fans, etc), but several I plan on getting or are on the way, none of which are ASRock products but say they have Polychrome RGB "support."
BIOS updated to the latest for my particular motherboard according to the support page (2.13A - Is there a reason it is not the same version as the Full ATX version of this board, which is v2.32?).

Please, fix this pile of garbage software. Had I known controlling RGB components was so problematic through this software, I would NEVER have purchased this motherboard to begin with.

Oh, and PLEASE fix the "feature" of the LEDs not turning off when the PC has been shut down completely in Windows. (Where exactly is the BIOS update that is supposed to fix this issue?)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic