ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350m Pro4 couse graphics card issue?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mati998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350m Pro4 couse graphics card issue?
    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 3:47am
Hello

I have AB350m Pro4 with Ryzen 1600 and everything worked well for a few weeks. But one day began problems. First, I can't shut down computer. When I want to do it, Windows 10 looked like it was turning off, but computer was still on. It was annoying, but otherwise it was ok. Later appered freezes and 'black screens' and it was not possible to reset computer with the reset button and and all the fans were turning at full speed. It was getting worse, so i try tu run computer with one of two RAM, use memtest, reinstall Windows (using another hard disc) and finally tested my Radeon 7850 graphic card in another computer. It turned out that the card was damaged - it was not even possible to install the drivers because it caused crash. So I bought new card - Geforce GTX 1060 3Gb, and for about one week everything was OK. And now I have the same problem. I change PCI-E slot from PCIE2 to PCIE3 and i still have black screens (monitor shows 'no signal'), but fans are spinning with normal speed and I can use reset button. My cofig:

AMD Ryzen 1600
Asrock AB350M Pro4 with latest bios, all default setting
Gigabyte GTX1060 Windforce 2X OC 3Gb
RAM: 2x SK Hynix HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH DDR4-2400
Goodram C100 120Gb SSD
WDC WD5000AVVS-63H0B1 500Gb HDD
Seasonic Platinum-660 P660

I will be grateful for advice
mati998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mati998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 4:20am
Just now there is a problem in the device manager with PCI encryption and decryption controller driver (PCI Bus 36, device 0, function 2) - drivers for this device are not installed. It can be related to my problems?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 4:30am
Can you burn a Linux distro on USB? Then use it a bit for some stress testing, without installaing it.

You also mentioned you used another hard disk. It's not recommended you use previous OS installations on another build.

Check your cabling, mobo spacers, case, component seatings, etc. Clear CMOS and re-deploy Windows from scratch.
mati998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mati998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 6:57am
Thank you for response.
I will check under Linux, but I think it's hardware problem. I forgot to write that when I leave UEFI (with saving settings or not) computer does not reboot, only fans run on full speed and reset button doesn't work.
Niccador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niccador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 7:19am
Originally posted by mati998 mati998 wrote:

Just now there is a problem in the device manager with PCI encryption and decryption controller driver (PCI Bus 36, device 0, function 2) - drivers for this device are not installed. It can be related to my problems?

I've encountered this device while troubleshooting issues on my build as well.
The device is AMD PSP (Platform Security Processor), and drivers for it are included with the AMD Chipset driver package. It's one of the few devices that Windows does not have some sort of default driver for.

If you used the AMD Cleanup Utility, this is probably why you're seeing this. That utility *claims* that it doesn't remove any of the chipset drivers, only the video-related drivers....but, surprise, surprise, it does in fact remove all the chipset drivers.

As to whether or not it's related to your problem....I'd say it's highly doubtful, but I can't be sure.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out for you, as my own troubleshooting has me looking towards the video card as well, at the moment.
Niccador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niccador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 7:38am
Originally posted by mati998 mati998 wrote:

Thank you for response.
I will check under Linux, but I think it's hardware problem. I forgot to write that when I leave UEFI (with saving settings or not) computer does not reboot, only fans run on full speed and reset button doesn't work.

(Gah! Why can't I edit my previous post? Grr... Sorry for the double reply.)

This has me very interested in your situation, as mine is similar.
One of my symptoms is that the system -- most of the time -- is not restarting properly. Full shutdown works fine, but Restart from Windows or UEFI just hangs there with no video, no hdd activity, and full fans. (When I say "most" of the time, it's because restarting from UEFI is more of a 50/50 chance, it seems.)

I have done everything I can to rule out a RAM issue. Windows' memory diagnostic and MemTest86 have both cleared multiple (4+) passes with zero errors.

My other primary symptom is that the system will freeze up seemingly at random.
However, I've found that these freezes are very rare -- if not completely non-existent -- when doing basic productivity such as web browsing, or watching videos, say with Plex. BUT, if I try playing games (BlueStacks, Star Trek Online, etc), then the freezes will occur. It might take a few minutes, or it might run fine for an hour (though usually not more than an hour).

When the freezes happen, audio is generally goes silent (although a couple times it has looped the last second of audio), input freezes, hdd activity freezes, the video display remains (no artifacts or corruption). In fact, I can disconnect/reconnect the monitor, and the frozen video is still there. (In the past, I've found that video card failures won't return the image like that....reconnecting the monitor usually acts like the card's in sleep mode or otherwise no signal...so this strikes me as odd. But maybe I'm mistaken.)

I'm about to try swapping out the card with an older Radeon, but the frustrating part is that the current card -- an R9 270X -- is too big to fit in any of my other systems to test itself. :(
mati998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mati998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 6:47pm
Hi

I tested computer using Ubuntu. Problems are the same as on Windows, so it looks like hardware problem. I checked power supply voltages, they looks OK, but I know that is not sure.
Niccador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niccador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 1:47am
It seems my system is trying to make an ass of me, at the moment.

Last night I ran through several hours of memory tests -- which I've done before, mind you -- in addition to using some remote monitoring ("Remote System Monitor" on Google Play) so I could possibly get a last second read if it crashed again.

Naturally, nothing turned up. Ran Furmark a couple times, no issue. So I tried gaming a little while monitoring, trying to get it to crash again before swapping out the video cards to test, and....nothing. Ran for almost 2 hours with no problems, even restarting worked fine. About to try some more and see if it's still holding...

I cannot fathom how or why the RAM would have been "loose" or mis-seated (it definitely took some effort to get them in and out these many times. Surely a memory error would have shown up in memTest somewhere.... But, still, crossing my fingers that this has worked.

The only oddity I found last night were a couple sensors reporting odd temperatures. (Auxiliary and VRM, I believe.) They were reporting 80C and 100C initially, and during gaming backed down a bit to 77 and 97 (that may have been due to just the ambient...it was cold last night.) Near as I can tell, these are just wonky readings, and are common. If anyone wants to correct me, feel free.
mati998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mati998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 4:17am
My computer worked without any problems today (under stress), but just now crash again. It is interesting that the optical mouse looked like it lost power, after restart (the reset button worked!) the mouse worked. In my case, problems are often when browsing the internet and watching movies. It makes me crazy and I am thinking about submitting RMA but I am not sure that the motherboard causes problems.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 4:47am
Ubuntu test is decisive. It's not SW after all.

DDR4 slots are very prone to improper RAM installation.

VRM temps are way too high for 24/7! Check with your hand, but don't touch them! 90C will cause severe burns! If the VRM are really running at 90-100C you won't be able to get your hand even at 4-5cm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic