ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

.B360M IB-R1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Learned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .B360M IB-R1
    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 5:44am
Hello,

Just bought a new computer from Best Buy. When you pay a grand for a new machine, you don't expect to be on a forum seeking support almost immediately.

I'm here because my motherboard says ASRock B360M IB-R1 and apparently ASRock says that it doesn't exist. It's not on their list. It's nowhere to be found on the internet as far as drivers or software or support. The support page for IBuyPower which is the name it was sold as.. just links to ASRock which has nothing at all. Also, I would install them from my DVD for the computer.. but they didn't include one. Even worse, even if they did, the dvd's it came with are useless because there's no cd/dvd drive in the machine. And even if you wanted one, there's no drive bay to add one, and as a matter of fact it takes a miracle to even access the drive that came with it.

I'll give this lousy company a day to find me the software and drivers and then I'll just bring it back and tell Best Buy what I think of them selling me a lemon for a grand.

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 10 Dec 2019 at 3:27pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 3:48pm
Download CPUz and check the motherboard tab, that should give you the name listed in the board's BIOS.

I guess it could be an OEM product provided to the system manufacturer but I can't say for certain. Get back to us with what CPUz identifies it as and if we still can't work it out from there I will get in touch with my contacts at ASRock and see if we can get an answer from them directly.

For drivers and such you will be fine downloading drivers from any of the B360 boards ASRock (and other manufacturers) make. But BIOS updates etc are model specific.
iarobertson77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iarobertson77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 1:55am
Same issue. I downloaded CPU-Z, and it confirms the motherboard as being an ASRock B360M IB-R1.
Kain76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kain76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:10am
I believe i purchased the exact same pc from best buy also. Ibuypower BB952. I had the same issue trying to update the bios. I kept getting results for b360m pro but the bios updates listed did not work.

There seems to be a problem with usb ports having input lag with my PC, even on the desktop there is noticable mouse float. The audio ports also caused input lag spike in game.

I finally just took the pc back to best buy today to see if they can update the bios and do full diagnostics. I am really hoping they will just replace the motherboard.
papawana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papawana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 1:27am
I filed an RMA with Ibuypower and finally got a driver dvd and a user manual for my BB961 computer with a B360M iB-R1 after months of phone calls to Best Buy, ASRock, and Ibuypower that those 2 items DID NOT EXIST!!!
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 10:38am
As I told you here (and Xaltar mentioned above): http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11511&KW=&title=b360m-1br1-motherboard
your board is an OEM board. Asrock cannot support any OEM products therefore the tech support claimed it did not exist because technically it was not an Asrock board after IB bought it and changed the BIOS to their own version and renamed the board. Sorry if you did not understand that.
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
papawana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papawana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 8:34pm
ASRock told me it was their board way back when...said it was a OEM board...told me to use the drivers for the B360m ITX-OC, which do not match up to my machine...the board is clearly stamped ASRock...the new driver dvd that Ibuypower sent is stamped ASRock and has a part number and serial number
DabzX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DabzX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 12:25pm
After a bit of research this is what I found to be the exact same make/type just different SKU.

B360M Pro4

Supports 9th and 8th Gen IntelĀ® Core??Processors (Socket 1151)
Supports DDR4 2666
2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
AMD Quad CrossFireX??
Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps
6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x1 & SATA3)
2 USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C)
4 USB 3.1 Gen1 (2 Front, 2 Rear)
IntelĀ® Gigabit LAN
papawana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papawana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:25pm
They are different. The rear I/O panel on the Pro 4 has plug ins for PS/2 Mouse and PS/2 Keyboard and VGA. The IB-R1 does not. The Pro 4 does not have WI-FI. The IB-R1 does.
papawana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papawana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 10:39pm
I filed an RMA with Ibuypower and got the driver cd and the user manual for the ASRock B360M IB-R1 motherboard. It does exist!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic