ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question ERROR: 5 beeps with no video output - Int
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question ERROR: 5 beeps with no video output - Int

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mauriciognr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question ERROR: 5 beeps with no video output - Int
    Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 12:24am
Hello. I have an Asrock H61M-DGS with a Core i5-3475S, 8 gb of ddr3 RAM and a Corsair cx600 psu. I have an nvidia GT210 and a GTX260, with both of them i've always force-enabled the Intel HD 4000 (iGPU MultiMonitor support in BIOS) to run a second monitor out of the VGA port of the motherboard and also to have QuickSync available to record in OBS.

All good until i installed a new AMD RX 460 from Gigabyte. The iGPU options are gone from the BIOS so i cant run the second monitor out of the VGA port and dont have quicksync canymore Also if i try to boot the PC without a graphics card i get a 5 beep with no video output.

So far i've tested both sticks of ram one by one on each slot (they're fine) and already tried restoring BIOS defaults and removing CMOS the battery.

Edit 1: I already have the latest BIOS (v1.60), but flashed it anyway. Still 5 beeps no video out of the iGPU

Edit 2 Took the motherboard out and I am now testing with only with PSU keyboard and one display. Each one of the cards are booting ok, iGPU is still missing from Bios and i still get a 5 beep error if no card is plugged.

Edit 3: Added some images. If they dont load please use this link: https://imgur.com/gallery/ALR2dLP

This is how it was before. I was able to enable the iGPU to use multi-monitor and QuickSync. If i removed the graphics card the iGPU would kick in and run the main display as it shuld be.

This is what my BIOS shows now, theres no mention of the iGPU on the northbridge configuration (thats where the iGPU settings were before), also in Primary graphics adapter the only option is PCI Express. And like i said, if i turn on the PC without any of the graphics card it wont boot and will give the 5 beep error.

PD: Nevermind the yellow vertical line, thats my second/spare monitor and has that problem.
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:34am
Clear your bios settings and try again
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

mauriciognr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mauriciognr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 4:28am
I've done that already. Several times
mauriciognr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mauriciognr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 11:03pm
Anyone? Bump!
Redburpalert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redburpalert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 11:20am
Im sorry if late, but i am encountering the same exact issue you had. still, no fix on mine. im wondering if you managed to fix it? i am starting to loose hope because i did every possible fix i could and fix you made on yours.

I5 3470
Asrock h61m dgs
8gb ram single stick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic