ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No video output on w10 and amd card

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No video output on w10 and amd card
    Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:53pm
Hello,

I got an annoying problem. My configuration :
Asrock ab350 itx with latest firmware, ryzen 1700, sapphire nitro vega 56 replace by gigabyte rx 590...

I use the nitro card for a while with windows 10, without problem. One month ago i saw that my amd graphic driver is old, from september 2018 or older. So i decided to updated it, and during the installation, when the process is nearly 50% and windows switch to the new driver, my monitor just turn off and say their is no video output (i use hdmi). I try to reboot the computer,same thing, monitor say their is no video output when windows is starting.

I try to install again windows several time, i use the latest windows version, try differant amd graphic driver from December to the most recent, always the same problem. I thought it was a problem with my graphic card, so i try with a gigabyte rx 590, same problem.

Also i am using linux a lot, without any problem, i play some games without any issues.

Do you have any idea ?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 11:40pm
So, do you see anything on your monitor during POST?

Can you see the BIOS screen?
ghostmm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:48am
Their is no problem at all during post, it's when windows is starting that the monitor go black and it says no video input. I can go to uefi without problem, grub and linux work fine.

When i start the computer i have the grub (but it's the same if i use windows boot manager directly). If i choose to boot windows i get the loading circle for one second, then monitor switch off and no video input...

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:13pm
Will it boot into Safe Mode?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 5:08pm
Wardog is on point, you need to boot into safe mode (with networking) then download and install DDU (Display driver uninstaller) and run it. Clean out all your AMD display drivers then boot back into normal mode.

Safe mode should work if the issue is just the display driver. If not then you may need to do a fresh windows install to fix it. Either way the issue isn't with your hardware.
ghostmm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:03pm
Hello,

Yes i thought it was my sapphire nitro gpu that was the problem, even if it works fine for several month without problem, but as the problem is the same with the rx 590, it's not a problem with the graphic card itself.

I ask here because i suspect a problem between the asrock ad350 firmware (i updated to 5.60 recently), windows 10 et amd graphics driver. It is strange i am alone to have this issue.

I also own an asrock x370 itx, i just install it with a 2400g, and the driver install fine on windows without problem. Either this problem is limited to the ab350 or either the use of external amd graphic card.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:18pm
You may also drop a line to AMD support.

They will investigate further, and there is a better chance they will work together with ASRock to provide a fix.
ghostmm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:34pm
https://community.amd.com/message/2910694

It seems no one care in the amd support... i try again with an april iso of windows 10, also try to load uefi default in case... always the same.

It seems however that windows is not crash when it happens, looks like the card is trying to use a resolution higher than what my monitor is capable.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:19am
Have you used DDU to remove ALL graphic drivers, reboot and install the latest RADEON driver for your RX-590???
ghostmm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:09pm
I don't see the point of using ddu as i make a fresh install every time. I must have reinstall windows 6-7 time now, trying different things but always with the same result.

I will change my monitor soon and use displayport instead of hdmi, who knows maybe it will work...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic