ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3600x, X470 Taichi, b-die, unstable memory, WHEA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

3600x, X470 Taichi, b-die, unstable memory, WHEA

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Message
mmf View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jul 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 16
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 4:43am
Ouch,

Well they released a pre-release bios through support with AGESA AM4 1.0.0.3 and all memory and WHEA issues are fixed for me, although the initial boot was not smooth.
You can test it over pm.

I was able to achieve a great memory overclock of 3200>3733 at 1.475V DRAM :)
Back to Top
AsRx470Tc View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2019
Location: Finland
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRx470Tc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 5:05am
Originally posted by mmf mmf wrote:

Ouch,

Well they released a pre-release bios through support with AGESA AM4 1.0.0.3 and all memory and WHEA issues are fixed for me, although the initial boot was not smooth.
You can test it over pm.

I was able to achieve a great memory overclock of 3200>3733 at 1.475V DRAM :)


Oh, it has 1.0.0.3 in it, you didn't really answer me on pm when i asked for some info. Now i am more interested.

Have to go and take like 50 photos of all my settings before doing that... main reason i haven't done it yet :D

That bios is so unorganised and scattered all over.. compared to intel/asus boards that i have been using last 15 years :D

Had this setup working... for 6 days or so, and it is still on a motherboard box on my livingroom table. Not trusting it enough to take any of my intel rigs apart. Might take several weeks before i get to that point :D
Back to Top
Max9R View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max9R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 5:43am
Originally posted by AsRx470Tc AsRx470Tc wrote:

My board had an interesting flip last last night.. Plugged a front panel USB 2.0 cable to the internal header, and a logitech mouse receiver into the other end. Whole board just flipped on me, went into a boot loop, every time like 20sec just fans shouting at full speed, then it did some memory training i guess, then repeat for 3 times, every time that super long time with no post codes and just fans shouting. Then it resetted the memory to 2400 and memory timings menu item was grayed out...

...Like... WTAF!! :D


Crazy story man! I really hope we get an official BIOS soon that fixes this crap. In the meantime, I'm working okay. Truth be told, my Daughter is going to end up with this board in her machine as I can't get her MSI B450 Tomahawk to even post with the 3600X. I'll be getting my new Gigabyte X570 on Friday and I sure hope it works as expected. I see they have already put out a new BIOS for it since launch. I'm guessing all the AIBs will be neglecting the 400 series boards for a bit while they sort out any issues with the new high dollar 500 series variants.

Not a peep from MSI, haven't heard anything from ASRock on a ticket I cut last week... combined they helped fuel my decision to getting a new Gigabyte board.
Back to Top
AsRx470Tc View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2019
Location: Finland
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRx470Tc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 5:58am
Originally posted by Max9R Max9R wrote:

I'm guessing all the AIBs will be neglecting the 400 series boards for a bit while they sort out any issues with the new high dollar 500 series variants.

Not a peep from MSI, haven't heard anything from ASRock on a ticket I cut last week... combined they helped fuel my decision to getting a new Gigabyte board.


Yeah the new income is in the new boards, so main effort will go there. Older ones come after that, if ever.

I'm trying to switch AMD/Asrock only because all the side channel attack crap on intel, and asus has done some idiotic board design choices past 2-3 years. More stupid decorative sh*t, less and less connectivity options for sata/usb while prices keep going up.

X470 Taichi was the only X470 board (in its price range) that doesn't look like a christmas tree and had 8 sata ports and all internal USB headers i need (and some other stuff i wanted) :D
Back to Top
Max9R View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max9R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by AsRx470Tc AsRx470Tc wrote:

Yeah the new income is in the new boards, so main effort will go there. Older ones come after that, if ever.

I'm trying to switch AMD/Asrock only because all the side channel attack crap on intel, and asus has done some idiotic board design choices past 2-3 years. More stupid decorative sh*t, less and less connectivity options for sata/usb while prices keep going up.

X470 Taichi was the only X470 board (in its price range) that doesn't look like a christmas tree and had 8 sata ports and all internal USB headers i need (and some other stuff i wanted) :D


Good news, I got a beta bios from ASRock 3.46, it's a major improvement on the RAM stability. I can now just use XMP with my F4-3000C16. I haven't tried my F4-3200C14, but even the 3000mhz stuff was a nightmare just using XMP. So some positive steps forward. Looks like I'll keep this board for my Daughter's PC. She's pretty excited about it hehe... If you want it, I can share it with you. mmf has it as well and actually shared it with me but I had already got from ASRock.
Back to Top
AsRx470Tc View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2019
Location: Finland
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRx470Tc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Max9R Max9R wrote:

Good news, I got a beta bios from ASRock 3.46, it's a major improvement on the RAM stability. I can now just use XMP with my F4-3000C16. I haven't tried my F4-3200C14, but even the 3000mhz stuff was a nightmare just using XMP. So some positive steps forward. Looks like I'll keep this board for my Daughter's PC. She's pretty excited about it hehe... If you want it, I can share it with you. mmf has it as well and actually shared it with me but I had already got from ASRock.


Yeah i also have it, flashed it ~12 hours ago. Menu items have been organized and named so much better compared to 3.40. Only thing i lost is cpu fan temperature hysteresis setting, otherwise looking much better.

The fan isn't constantly ramping up and down without it now tho.

Slightly weird behavior on restarts, board sort of dies abruptly before restarting. But its an unreleased beta bios, so to be expected.
Back to Top
Jakob84 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Jul 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 14
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:09am
How did you come in contact with asrock? I tried to make a ticket with my issues some days ago.. no response.

I have ram stability issues like everyone else and canonly select gen 1 and 2 pcie speed in bios :/
Back to Top
Max9R View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max9R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:11am
Originally posted by AsRx470Tc AsRx470Tc wrote:

Yeah i also have it, flashed it ~12 hours ago. Menu items have been organized and named so much better compared to 3.40. Only thing i lost is cpu fan temperature hysteresis setting, otherwise looking much better.

The fan isn't constantly ramping up and down without it now tho.

Slightly weird behavior on restarts, board sort of dies abruptly before restarting. But its an unreleased beta bios, so to be expected.


Oh okay great. I've also seen the strange reboot behavior. The other thing I've noticed is that my CPU doesn't boost as high as it did on 3.43. I'm only getting an all core boost of 4.1Ghz whereas I used to see 4.25Ghz with my 3600X. Also max single core is down from 4.4Ghz to 4.275Ghz. Have you noticed anything like that?
Back to Top
Max9R View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max9R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:12am
Originally posted by Jakob84 Jakob84 wrote:

How did you come in contact with asrock? I tried to make a ticket with my issues some days ago.. no response.

I have ram stability issues like everyone else and canonly select gen 1 and 2 pcie speed in bios :/


Took them about 4 days to get back to me, I'm guessing they're overloaded with tickets atm...
Back to Top
AsRx470Tc View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2019
Location: Finland
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRx470Tc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Max9R Max9R wrote:

Oh okay great. I've also seen the strange reboot behavior. The other thing I've noticed is that my CPU doesn't boost as high as it did on 3.43. I'm only getting an all core boost of 4.1Ghz whereas I used to see 4.25Ghz with my 3600X. Also max single core is down from 4.4Ghz to 4.275Ghz. Have you noticed anything like that?


Havent been paying much attention to clockspeeds after the bios update, been troubleshooting sound driver/windows issues...

Did couple cinebenc test runs few minutes ago to see whats happening. Multi thread clocks were hanging around 4100-4125.. i think they were like 4150-4175 before. Not hitting any limiters according to Ryzen Master.
Single thread clocks were maxing at 4275-4300, before they were at 4350-4400. Bench scores are still about the same tho.

CB15 MT=1620 ST=194
CB20 MT=3690 ST="AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!"
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.144 seconds.