ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3600x, X470 Taichi, b-die, unstable memory, WHEA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

3600x, X470 Taichi, b-die, unstable memory, WHEA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRx470Tc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Max9R Max9R wrote:

... .... BIOS still needs work apparently hehe...

No sh*t!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 1:55pm
Here we go again, new CPU launch, teething problems and bugs

It seems more and more common for us as consumers to end up playing the role of beta testers on AMD's new launches. Fortunately, with Ryzen the inconvenience is typically worth the early headaches. This launch in particular seems a bit more problematic given the addition of PCIe 4.0, whether the board supports it or not, the functionality comes from the CPU. A lot has changed in the architecture. Be patient, AMD will get it all worked out and sorted. It may take a month or so before the bulk of the issues we are seeing are cleared up.
Max9R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max9R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:21am
So looks like 3.46 has issues with my NVMe drives. It's completely corrupted my Windows install on mine, twice now. I can't even complete a system restore from Acronis recovery mode. I have to boot off my SATA SSD (which works perfectly fine btw..), then recover and Image to the NVMe in Windows. Shutdown disconnect the SSD then boot of the NVMe. IF I leave the SSD connected the system will always boot from it no matter what boot order have setup in the BIOS which is a new problem for me with 3.46 too. Anyway, after a couple start ups the Windows install is completely corrupted and won't boot anymore. While I'm in Windows it slowly starts having random issues with app crashes etc... and get's worse from there.

Anyone experiencing this?
Jakob84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:23am
No issues with nvme/ssd drives here at all. Have problems with the x16 lanes and ram stability.

hm have you tried to switch pcie gen speed? maybe it wil do something? I can only choose between gen 1 and 2 which is odd.
AsRx470Tc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRx470Tc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Max9R Max9R wrote:

So looks like 3.46 has issues with my NVMe drives. It's completely corrupted my Windows install on mine, twice now. I can't even complete a system restore from Acronis recovery mode. I have to boot off my SATA SSD (which works perfectly fine btw..), then recover and Image to the NVMe in Windows. Shutdown disconnect the SSD then boot of the NVMe. IF I leave the SSD connected the system will always boot from it no matter what boot order have setup in the BIOS which is a new problem for me with 3.46 too. Anyway, after a couple start ups the Windows install is completely corrupted and won't boot anymore. While I'm in Windows it slowly starts having random issues with app crashes etc... and get's worse from there.

Anyone experiencing this?

I have only been using my sata ssd with windows on it for testing, they are just so much easier to connect to other systems for disk image swapping. Were just going to try an install to nvme drive.. might have to take a backup image right after install :D

So far i have only had the nvme drive for random data.
Max9R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max9R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:36am
Thanks for the responses, although I don't think my drive is the problem I'm going to throw it in another box and see what happens.
edlebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edlebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 5:52am
OMG your drive is not the problem. The BIOS is I guarantee.
Max9R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max9R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:24am
Originally posted by edlebert edlebert wrote:

OMG your drive is not the problem. The BIOS is I guarantee.

Yeah... not my drive, it's fine. I guess I'll stick with a SATA SSD for now.
mmf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:55pm
I had to disable the SATA controller for Windows setup to be able to reconfigure first boot on NVME. Perhaps this can help.

Also getting lower clocks on 3.46, but switched to manual 4.3 overclock until next AGESA.
bamu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:01am
Hey just installed a 3600 with the x470 Taichi and 3600 CL16 Trident-Z Ram.

Can't post anything above 2100MHz, does someone have the 3.46 (support) beta bios? I'd love to try it out.

Any attempts to manually time, adjust auto times in ryzen master, or adjust XMP profiles cause infinite hangs (no debug codes, and no boot).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic