ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3600x, X470 Taichi, b-die, unstable memory, WHEA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

3600x, X470 Taichi, b-die, unstable memory, WHEA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3600x, X470 Taichi, b-die, unstable memory, WHEA
    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 12:26am
Both on bios 3.43 and 3.40 I am getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in Windows when using Trident-z 3200C14 on or below XMP setting, with the X470 Taichi. I am also using the latest NVIDIA drivers 431.36.
Only with heavy underclocking of the memory I can do basic tasks, however the pc still freezes on boot occasionally and can even freeze when entering the BIOS.

Things I have tried: Increased soc and dram voltage, manual and auto clocks, increased primary and secondary timings, different VDDP voltage, disconnecting non-essential hardware, several windows re-installs, latest AMD X470 chipset drivers from 7/7, re-seat CPU, re-seat GPU.

All connected hardware and memory ran fine for a year on my ryzen 2600, on the same mainboard, and with a higher 3466c14 memory clock.
The cpu is cooled by water with a 420mm 6-fan radiator and is not running hot.

Does anyone else have this issue or is there a compatibility issue with b-die, G.skill Trident-z, or x470 ASRock boards?
I believe the memory controller could be defective and will otherwise RMA the cpu, however the clocks and boost tot 4.4Ghz are fine and I can complete Cinebench R20 runs.
Dewey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 2:42pm
I have similar issues my 3700x, X470 Taichi with b-die RAM installed. I am also unable to have anything installed in the second PCI-e slot without getting BSD or infinite boot cycle. Running the RAM at the lowest speed and removing the second GPU helps with stability but I'm not sure if it is a defective CPU or a bios issue at this point.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:49pm
You can also try the set the GPU in PCIe Gen2 mode.
And take a look at the different forums in the net: It is a common problem. Beta state
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
mmf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Dewey Dewey wrote:

I have similar issues my 3700x, X470 Taichi with b-die RAM installed. I am also unable to have anything installed in the second PCI-e slot without getting BSD or infinite boot cycle. Running the RAM at the lowest speed and removing the second GPU helps with stability but I'm not sure if it is a defective CPU or a bios issue at this point.

I have tried switching my GPU to another PCIe slot but this didn't work for me. ASRock is looking into this issue, I suggest you also contact support so they can get more info?

Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

You can also try the set the GPU in PCIe Gen2 mode.
And take a look at the different forums in the net: It is a common problem. Beta state

Thanks I will try this when I install the 3600x again. Now waiting for ASRock and the Ryzen 2600 is working stable with the same hardware.

KungFuSpaghetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KungFuSpaghetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 1:14am
Just signed up today as I'm having the exact same issue. Tried both bios versions and both bsod constantly, in game or just in windows.   Get hard locks as well as the PC just rebooting out of nowhere.

I'm hearing this is an nvidia issue as per:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/amd-ryzen-3000-bsod-whea-error

However, also like you guys turning xmp off and running the ram at 2400 default it's not crashed on memtest64, aida64 extreme stress test or unigene superposition on loop. Need to try pubg again later as that was a guaranteed BSOD every single game last night.

My specs are:
X470 taichi
R9 3900x (noctua d14)
8 pack team group screened bdie 3200cl14
Palit gtx 1070ti (running aio)
Sea sonic focus plus 650w gold
x3 1tb Adata SSD, x3 Kingston 240gb SSD.
Windows 10 version 1903 (new install)
All AMD chipset and motherboard drivers and latest GPU drivers.
Jakob84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:37am
Same issues... 3.40, 3.43 dosnt matter.
Only 2033 mhz speed ram spd will post.... dram timings change or dram profile settings result in post failure 100%

sometimes secondary gpu stays active and no light on primary/active state on primary pcie. resulting in no display of course.

everything worked flawless with my ryzen 1600.

put in 3700x and everything is sh*t again kinda reminds me of ryzen 1 gen launch only worse.

my specs
cpu: Ryzen 3700x
mobo: Taichi 470
ram: G.Skill tridentz cl 14 3200mhz
gfx: 2 x vega 64
psu: 1300w seagate
win 10 64 bit
KungFuSpaghetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KungFuSpaghetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:53am
Certainly looking like a combination of 2 issues. Poor bios combined with this nvidia GPU issue.

The whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD is nvidia driver related, the rest of the crashing looks like bios... brilliant.
mmf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:01am
Originally posted by KungFuSpaghetti KungFuSpaghetti wrote:

Certainly looking like a combination of 2 issues. Poor bios combined with this nvidia GPU issue.

The whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD is nvidia driver related, the rest of the crashing looks like bios... brilliant.

Have you tried setting PCIe to gen 2?
Also on the [URL=https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1627407-asrock-x370-taichi-overclocking-thread-531.html]overclockers.net x370 Taichi thread[/URL] the same problems are reported with memory and whea, as well as [URL=https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbqnbo/3800x_installed_in_asrock_x370_mild_overclock_and/]here[/URL] with a 3800x on x370 Taichi.

Loddan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loddan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 3:43pm
Ye, so.

It seems we're using the Agesa Combo 1.0.0.1 which seems to have AMD's NDA lock for ram-memories running at max 2400 Mhz.

That's why we can't use XMP profiles etc. It's not that our hardware doesn't support it.

Asrock fucked up.

They need to release Combo1.0.0.3 so we can use XMP on our RAM.
Jakob84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:24pm
OK at least got a little hope now
found this...

https://www.techpowerup.com/257201/bios-rom-size-limitations-almost-derail-amds-zen2-backwards-compatibility-promise

made a ticket with my issues.. really hope the bios updates comes sooner rather then later.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic