ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RX5700XT stability issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReddishRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RX5700XT stability issues
    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:20pm
I've received my new RX5700XT yesterday but I'm running into issues that which makes the card unusable. Hope you have some help or tips.

Current specs:
X370 Gaming K4 (bios P5.40)
Ryzen 7 3700X
16GB RAM (corsair dominator)

I've been using a Vega 64 before and that one runs stable with above specs. To prepare for the new card I first installed the new 19.7.1 drivers. That all went well and the Vega card was running stable. As soon as I inserted the new card, it was recognized by the driver and it installed. Then the issues happened. After a couple of minutes the GFX card switched off/on and the PC froze. After reset, boot loop, then finally back in windows for a few minutes, freeze.

So then I used DDU to completely clean the AMD drivers. Landed perfectly in the desktop with the default windows drivers. At that stage also when having a lot of stuff on the screen, same issues as mentioned earlier. Only then I could end up with a BSOD mentioning the pcie-express bus issues which could make sense without drivers. Then I tried installing the new 19.7.1. driver and during install (at 49%) same issues. Also tried resetting the bios, disable secure boot (run with CSM), but no luck. I'm now at a stage that the card is completely unusable for me.

At this stage I can think of the following things:
  • BIOS issue
  • AMD driver issue
  • Broken card? But then maybe I also should have issues in bios or using default windows drivers?

What do you think?
ReddishRat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReddishRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 6:08am
Guys, after some researching and tweaking I found the issue. It is a bios issue in the latest asrock bios for AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.1 (to support ryzen 3000). Not sure if it's on all mobos, but at least reported on X370 taichi, gaming K4 en professional.

When using a PCIE4 card and setting the PCIE-express bios setting to AUTO, the bios doesn't properly report to the card it needs to use GEN3. It tries to work with GEN4 resulting into WHEA errors and system freezes.

The downside is that I can only make a choice between GEN1 or GEN2 in the PCIE bios settings. Setting it to GEN2 results in a stable PC and running gfx card but limits the bandwith compared to GEN3.

I'm going to raise a support ticket so asrock is aware to fix this in the next bios update.
X570 Steel Legend - Ryzen 7 37000X - 16GB 3600 Dominator - RX5700XT - Lot of Corsair iCue bling
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 5:43pm
Dear ReddishRat,

Thank you for posting your query to ASRock forum.

Regarding your question, please download the BIOS 5.42 from the link below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pQjBCaot40oYKcsWrzY0EPBw05AsFo0l

Kindly use instant flash to flash the BIOS.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 10:56am
I just posted this same thing in motherboards forums .. I have your ASRock RX 5700xt on an X470 Master SLI/ac with same issue running 3.30 bios and I have to select Gen 2 to be able to use my pc ..otherwise constant reboots. Any updates for my mobo coming down the pike anytime soon?
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 4:41pm
Dear ThreeDee,

Please contact technical support via the form from following link, they should provide the BIOS more quickly through the support Window.

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp?ln=en

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 9:24pm
Done ..

Thanks
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Dear ThreeDee,

Please contact technical support via the form from following link, they should provide the BIOS more quickly through the support Window.

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp?ln=en

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

hmm, can't edit posts here .. only delete.
Anyways,
Do you think its an issue with the motherboard not reading the video card correctly or is it an issue with the video card not saying "Hey, you can't run 4.0 so run me at 3.0"?

if/then issue with one or the other .. but which one?
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 1:23am
New 3.40 BIOS has me running my vidcard at PCIe 3.0 now... fps went up a bit in Hunt:Showdown now from running at PCIe 2.0. (10 fps on average I would say .. maybe more?)
smithclarkson01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithclarkson01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 4:19am
Do not use MSI afterburner to monitor, do Not even open it. Also do not use or change any watt man setting. Do not use any FPS , cpu, GPU, temp monitor software for now. They all conflict to the new RDNA architecture. If you want see the FPS, try to use the steam or u play , origin to monitor the FPS.

That is my one week experience with my RX 5700. It?™s running fine now.

Do not use any monitor software for now! Do not use any monitor software for now! Do not use any monitor software for now! Important thing repeat three times!!
<a href="https://vlc.vin/">VLC.VIN</a>
smithclarkson01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithclarkson01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 6:35am
Originally posted by smithclarkson01 smithclarkson01 wrote:

Do not use MSI afterburner to monitor, do Not even open it. Also do not use or change any watt man setting. Do not use any FPS , cpu, GPU, temp monitor software for now. They all conflict to the new RDNA architecture. If you want see the FPS, try to use the steam or u play , origin to monitor the FPS.
[URL=https://9appsapk.com]9Apps[/URL][URL=https://vidmate.vin]VidMate[/URL][URL=https://apk9apps.com]9Apps[/URL]
That is my one week experience with my RX 5700. It?�s running fine now.

Do not use any monitor software for now! Do not use any monitor software for now! Do not use any monitor software for now! Important thing repeat three times!!

is that helpful?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic