ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Upgrade to Ryzen 3600 on Fatal1ty AB350 gone wrong
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade to Ryzen 3600 on Fatal1ty AB350 gone wrong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
blaww View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaww Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:13am
I'd just like to say that I'm also having this problem on the X360 Gaming ITX. I've been running BIOS 5.70 for a few days without issues but after upgrading from Ryzen 5 1600 to 3600 my SATA M.2 drive is no longer detected.
edlebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edlebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:08am
Scratch that. The Crucial MX500 is m.2, but it's SATA not NVMe. So I don't think the PCI express has anything to do with it.
edlebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edlebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:25am
I was finally able to boot the old 2200G by clearing the CMOS before boot. Thanks! Also, my NVMe SSD was also visible again with the old CPU. So then I tried again with the new 3600, clearing the CMOS again, and it's still not visible. I physically inspected the CPU pins again and they're all present and straight.

So, ultimately, my ASRock B350 motherboard with a Ryzen 3600 is not able to see/use my NVMe SSD. My guess is that this is firmware related, and possibly related to the new PCIe 4.0 on the new CPUs. I should probably return the CPU and hope that ASRock releases a new bios, but I'm not too hopeful.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 4:47am
Try clearing CMOS before you power up with the 2200g. That should get you back up and running with your original CPU.

That isn't the goal however, we want to see you up and running with your 3600. I would pick up a dirt cheap SATA SSD and install an OS on that. Once you can get into an OS it will be easier to see what's going on (diagnostic tools).

In the interim, check for bent pins on the 3600, if pins are bent or missing you could be losing PCIe lanes, lanes needed for the M.2 slot. Missing pins would be obvious, a gold pad without a pin that has a dot/stub where a pin should be.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
edlebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edlebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:34pm
I have the Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac with the old Ryzen 2200G, AMD RX 580, and Cruical MX500 NVMe SSD for the past year. Everything has been awesome.

Yesterday I attempted to upgrade my CPU to the new Ryzen 3600
1. Updated bios to 5.3.0 (required for bios 5.7.0)
2. Updated bios to 5.7.0
3. Ran some benchmarks. System seems stable with new bios and 2200G CPU.
4. Shut computer down and installed new 3600
5. System posts fine, but Crucial MX500 NVMe M.2 SSD not showing up. Can't boot into windows because there's no boot device.
6. Okay, put the old 2200G CPU in to try and isolate the problem.
7. System no longer POSTs with old CPU at all
8. Inspected 2200G pins and reseated it. Still no POST.
9. Put new 3600 CPU back in, it posts fine but still no NVMe.

I have tried reseating the NVMe multiple times, no luck.
I have tried scouring the bios for anything related to PCI/NVMe settings that would disable it, but no luck.
I have tried turning off the power, unplugging it, and resetting the CMOS. No luck.

Now I'm sad. If anyone out there has some advice for me, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic