ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

NVME SSD not detected after Ryzen 3900x swap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:33am
3700X runs fine on my ab350 Gaming-ITX, Booting from samsung 970 EVO Nvme SSD.
First post was problematic. Try disconnecting everything leaving one SSD and one RAM module in the motherboard.
P-Nut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:53pm
Same problem with the b350 mini itx board of asrock upgrading from ryzen 1600 to ryzen 3600
It does not recognise my mx300 275gb m.2 drive.

This is complete trash.. now I'm stuck in a bios' loop with no ssd recognised
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

If you didn't get it: The current bios firmware for ALL pre x570 boards with AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.1 are not finished yet! They just are good enough to see, if the Zen2 CPUs are running as a basic principle, nothing else.
Even on X570 boards, the firmware is still Beta.
We can hope, that AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3ab or higher is solving all the problems.
So wait until AMD and then Asrock are delivering in addition...

Use your 2700X meanwhile, don't give it away this time!

I realize the early BIOS isn't polished and fine tuned for the new zen2 based CPUs yet. But if it's beta why isn't it listed as so?
Anyway my 3700x runs fine with an all core clock of 4.3GHz@1.35V
Benchmarks really well and I haven't experienced any bugs yet. So unless you need nvme raid I don't see any reason to purhace the expensive 570 based motherboards.
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:45pm
The BIOS even support increasing the tdp. For a first version zen2 BIOS on a budget mini board that is quite impressive!
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:53pm
Regarding the m2 nvme/sata boot issue. Try removing any drives beside the one you want to boot, and boot with only one memory stick installed. And give it time. That's the way I did it with my Samsung Evo 970.
iMRM.1472@Gmail.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iMRM.1472@Gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 5:29pm
Any update?

I have the Asrock Fatality x370 itx/ac motherboard, I updated the bios and everything on a r5 1400, then once the r7 3700x came in, popped it in, boom the M.2 SSD is not detected on anything, tried SSD firmware updaters, ect.

The M.2 SSD is a WD Blue something 1 TB
The HDD still works, a WD Black 1 TB
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 5:41pm
This is one of the known issues shared here:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11976&PID=65622

BIOS updates will likely resolve these issues, it is just taking a while for AMD and board partners to work out the kinks.
hinchyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hinchyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

If you didn't get it: The current bios firmware for ALL pre x570 boards with AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.1 are not finished yet! They just are good enough to see, if the Zen2 CPUs are running as a basic principle, nothing else.
Even on X570 boards, the firmware is still Beta.
We can hope, that AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3ab or higher is solving all the problems.
So wait until AMD and then Asrock are delivering in addition...

Use your 2700X meanwhile, don't give it away this time!

Thanks for sharing this.

Why the f$ck did they release un-finished beta firmware and not note it. I wouldn't have upgraded to Ryzen 3. Having the same issue here.
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 2:27pm
Maybe try downloading latest windows install image from Microsoft. Then create a windows install USB stick with Microsoft's tool for this.
Then boot from the USB and the nvme SSD should be available to install Windows.
That's the way I did with my Samsung 970 Evo SSD.

gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by hinchyman hinchyman wrote:

Thanks for sharing this.

Why the f$ck did they release un-finished beta firmware and not note it. I wouldn't have upgraded to Ryzen 3. Having the same issue here.

all true from other boards on pre 1.0.0.3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic