ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Update BIOS Taichi x470

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Eugeny44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eugeny44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 6:50pm
I would not hold my breath, I have updated bios but asrock x470 itx is not working with 3000 ryzens.
dgtlntt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgtlntt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 3:40am
Hi pipl!

I am in similar situation and my x470 taichi came today.
I got A6 9500 for initial bios update but have a problem

I haven't eaven installed windows and went on by updating to bios 2.00. it went smoothly.
After that i tryed updating to 3.43 but bios cannot see those files on USB stick. I have tried putting all bios files on usb and instant flash only sees 2.00

Why can't I update bios further?

Please help... :(

I think i need newer cpu to update beyond 2.00, I'll try with some other chip tomorow and keep you posted

For now don't try bios updates on A6-9500
butchboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butchboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 2:59am
I am coming from an Intel build to AMD and am assuming I will need to update the Taichi x470 bios for my Ryzen Gen 3 CPU. I plan on grabbing from eBay, an Athlon 200G or A6-9500 so I can initially boot the board. I am waiting for my board to arrive. Here are the steps I plan on taking, though I am not sure if they are correct.

1) Download the BIOS v2.0 and the latest version onto a USB drive. 2) Using the old cpu, boot into windows and update the "AMD all in 1 with vga driver". 3) Reboot into UEFI and update BIOS to V2.0 if the current version is earlier. 4) Reboot into UEFI again and update BIOS to latest version.

Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be?   Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic