ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 108>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sebastianer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 11:13pm
Hi Guys

I can't change in my B450 ITX motherboad, the CLD0 VDDG voltage. No matter what I do, it always stays at 0.7V~ according to Ryzen master.

Is anyone able to change this voltage using a Ryzen Zen 2 CPU in a B450 ITX? Might be an issue with this model.

I don't have any issues with the other 2 voltages (SOC voltage and CLD0 VDDP voltage), these 2 works fine.

Nevertheless, I opened a Support ticket with ASRock about this issue, but wanted to have some feedback here as well.

MB: ASRock B450 ITX (P3.70)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
SSD: Crucial P1 500 NVME
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX1080
PSU: Enermax ERX530AWT --> Corsair RM650x (CP-9020178)
swolerosis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swolerosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:31am
I'm running an x370 Killer SLI/ac board with a 1600x installed. I bought a 3700x and it gets stuck in a boot loop before post. I updated the bios to 5.40 already. I didn't want to go to 5.50 since it wasn't recommended for the 1600x and it looks like 5.40 should work for both CPUs. What am I missing here? I saw there were some early issues back in August, but I didn't see anything recently.
NubLength View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NubLength Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:33am
I have a b450m pro4 along with a Ryzen 3 1200. I cant get any video output at all. I have tried every port and even my Radeon rx 570 8gb OC. I have get to be able to get an os on it due to that I cant see anything on it what so ever. I read the discription of the bios update but it says to fix the video through windows before bios update but I just have no way of doing so. Can anyone help?
ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 9:10pm
And that was at CL16 LOL
ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 9:09pm
I wasn't completely stable it seems after the drama calculator settings, BUT it was a starting point.
I raised the voltage on the RAM to 1.38. will monitor.
Did the same for my other HTPC with even sh*ttier RAM, Hynix M, on my Asrock x370 Killer SLI board running 5.8 @2800MHz CL14 1T, which is amazing anyways. Couldn't get it stable on this board at stock auto settings @2666MHz before. ??
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 6:18pm
on Jz's

X570M Pro4 - BIOS P2.50
1. Improve memory compatibility
ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by ShampooCA ShampooCA wrote:

They're crap Micron B according to Typhoon.
Some random crucial ballistix that were on sale like 2 years ago or is it 3 now? ?��?��?��?�
It almost seems like this platform isn't very newbie friendly, but it's still fun to tinker with like the old days.
Even if a system runs without entering manual settings I think everyone should to optimize what they have. Like seriously how is my ram running on CL 16 settings with a command rate of 1T???
Nerding out here. So cool ??

Supposed to say ...how is my ram running on CL14 1T settings.
Late night
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 3:10pm
For those of us who tinkered with jumper settings, added cache to the motherboard
and other "old school" setup tweaks/tricks the Ryzen platform is a lot of fun.
My greatest annoyance with the platform with regards to causing confusion and frustration
for new/inexperienced builders is also one of the most fun aspects, there are so
many settings exposed in the UEFI. In fact, even for experienced builders/tinkerers
it can be a bit overwhelming. Manually tuning the RAM however is practically
essential to get the best out of an AM4 system, especially if you are a tinkerer.

Typically, we have 3 types of people on the forums:
1. The plug and play group that just want things to work as soon as it's assembled.
2. The auto config group that think XMP (etc) should just work regardless of compatibility.
3. Tinkerers that mess with everything and hunt down every bug, quirk and tweak.

All tech lovers just with different priorities
ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 2:11pm
Cool, I'll try that out another night, bed time.
Just glad to have my rig working again and in much better condition.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 2:00pm
i've always optimize my stuff been this way for 25 years

5mhz below bsod at a voltage i'm comfortable with

i believe Micron B can do 3200@15/16 but no much fun on Micron B since they dont like voltages.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 108>
  Share Topic