ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 108>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
A Computer Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Computer Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:36am
I was wondering if anyone else here has used EK monoblocks with their Asrock motherboard and what their experience was? Did you encounter particular problems? What was your satisfaction using the block? What kind of temps did you have? This is my first custom loop.

I have x470 Master SLI/ac with a R7 3800x and EK ASRock X470 Gaming K4 RGB Monoblock (that also works with this motherboard). I think it performs well with much better VRM temps over the stock heat sinks.

Perhaps a disappointment I have with it is the amount of CPU coverage with the block is somewhat less than I expected. Compared to the Corsair H100i 240 AIO it had that had 100% coverage of the CPU. I'd say approx 15% of the CPU doesn't get covered by the cold plate part of the EK block which I didn't understand from the picture before I bought it.

I wonder if this partial coverage is part of the reason under low CPU utilization lower range temps tend to bounce a lot between 38c to 48c? However my high usage temps tend to stay under 70c.

Previously with the AIO my low CPU utilization just hovered around 38c (not much bouncing) and my high temps were 78c. In my new config I also have rx5700 in the loop with EK CoolStream PE360 so the comparison isn't exactly apples to apples.

The 2nd disappointment is the RGB cable is about 1mm too thick or the RGB connectors on the main board are simply too close to the other connectors to comfortably insert them. Either a connected fan is blocking or too close to CMOS reset pins makes using these parts of the board difficult and perhaps prone to break something.

Overall I've been very happy with this board since December 2018. Had a few ups and downs with RAM overclocking over different BIOS versions but once 64GB of ECC was working I was happy (Special thanks to ASRock & the memtest86 people for helping make that possible with Zen2!).

For what was often a $135 newegg special motherboard I think it worked out just right with the balance of features and options. Unfortunately by the recent AMD news it seems Zen3 won't be possible with this board after all.

Some constructive feedback regarding general issues...

1) The fan headers at the end of the PCIe slots for GPU's is absolutely terrible placement unless say it's a 90deg fan headers. I uncomfortably squished fan connectors with my GPU until I got fed up and modded this part of my board when my new GPU block just couldn't fit because of this.

2) About 1mm extra spacing around RGB and D-RGB headers would be nice for those unruly RGB cables whose ends are somehow stupid wide.

3) A few general purpose temp sensor headers would be nice so the built-in fan BIOS/UEFI control can be used with liquid cooling temp sensors.
ViCe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 11:38pm
here is all you need to know about asrock support:
[url=https://radikal.ru][/url]

larcklorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larcklorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 9:38pm
Just reporting that I have had 2 b450m pro4 boards come in with 3.90 bios not support Ryzen 3600 CPU (have switched out 2 of them) and reflashed the bios to 3.90. Works fine with a Ryzen 5 2400g CPU.

The system just boots to the ASRock logo and BIOS command screen with no keyboard recognition.
Konci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Konci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:31am
Hello.
my motherboard, B450 Pro4-f came with 1.6 bios. the processor R3 3200G. the recommended BIOS 1.4. The processor clock does not reach the factory value. Is another BIOS expected? or what is the solution?
Irfaanm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Irfaanm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 9:34pm
COME ON ASROCK ! GIVE US 1.0.0.5 Bios Update
marcin2468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcin2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 2:20am
I know that asrock is late with updates.
I'm think for long time about sell x470 taichi ultimate and buy something else
ViCe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 1:39am
so, AMD released new agesa 1.0.0.5 (MSI work on new bios versions, which include bios for x470, b450 and x370, maybe some lower chipsets), and assure you, ASRock will do nothing, maybe we get new bios in a half of year
marcin2468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcin2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 10:39pm
Somebody install bios 3.90 with ryzen 2600/2700 on x470 taichi ultimate?
Does it worth to do it or just stay at 3.40 bios?
srdjan1995 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srdjan1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 12:47am
Is there anywere info on whether will newer Agesa's, like 1.0.0.5, going to be supported on firts gen boards, like B350 chipset? Or the support for first gen is slowly dying?
ViCe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Its_Just_Luci Its_Just_Luci wrote:

I have never been able to boot into bios, and have gotten no support from asrocks help desk. I'm about to spend 200 bucks on a new motherboard but I thought I'd try one last time to ask for help. I'm still on the first bios version that shipped back when ryzen gen 3 came out. and I am completely lost, please send help

ASRock doesn't give a your problems. When you bought theirs mobo, next issues with it is only your headache. Next time, pal, don't even think about buying something from ASRock. It's a sh*t manufacturer: BIOS - poor, software - poor, support - lol, take two previous marks and multiply by infinity
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 108>
  Share Topic