ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watzupken81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:07pm
First post here, as I am having great difficulties getting my computer with the X470 Tachi to POST after installing BIOS version 3.90 due to upgrade from a 2700 to 3900X. Pressing the power button will start the fans at full speed for at least a 2 to 3 seconds if it works, or the fan will continue at full speed perpetually. Cleared CMOS twice, once via the button behind, and once taking out the CMOS battery. Both did not help. Saw some advise in another forum saying to increase RAM voltage, but did not resolve the issue as well. I did not overclock the CPU, and the RAM was running fine with the 2700. In fact once I boot into Windows, the system is very stable even under stress test on CPU, memory and graphic card. So I rule a faulty or unstable hardware as the issue. So that leaves me with the doubt if the BIOS is causing this instability. I've seen some fairly similar comments here, so just want to reconfirm if this is a normal scenario?
ViCe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by watzupken81 watzupken81 wrote:

First post here, as I am having great difficulties getting my computer with the X470 Tachi to POST after installing BIOS version 3.90 due to upgrade from a 2700 to 3900X. Pressing the power button will start the fans at full speed for at least a 2 to 3 seconds if it works, or the fan will continue at full speed perpetually. Cleared CMOS twice, once via the button behind, and once taking out the CMOS battery. Both did not help. Saw some advise in another forum saying to increase RAM voltage, but did not resolve the issue as well. I did not overclock the CPU, and the RAM was running fine with the 2700. In fact once I boot into Windows, the system is very stable even under stress test on CPU, memory and graphic card. So I rule a faulty or unstable hardware as the issue. So that leaves me with the doubt if the BIOS is causing this instability. I've seen some fairly similar comments here, so just want to reconfirm if this is a normal scenario?

ASRock is definitely awful manufacturer. I spoke with support team and theirs reply shocked me: If you have installed new BIOS and you have problem, install old version and backwards if old one. Is it properly behavior of support team? I think not. An, finally, here the best part: Biostar, which has less support and programming teams, released bios with new agesa in same time with Asus, MSI and Gigabyte, ASRock needed 3 month more, and final bios is awful: a lot of issues and instability. But I must admit, that asrock use quite good components, similar with Asus components, but what's the point using good Mobo itself without good firmware.
Max9R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Max9R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 8:26am

First post here, as I am having great difficulties getting my computer with the X470 Tachi to POST after installing BIOS version 3.90 due to upgrade from a 2700 to 3900X... ...I've seen some fairly similar comments here, so just want to reconfirm if this is a normal scenario?

Read my post on it and you'll have my opinion. Bottom of the previous page (101). The ASRock X470 Taichi will be the last ASRock board I ever buy. Their BIOS support is atrocious.
watzupken81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watzupken81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 5:27pm
Yeah, I saw your post in the earlier page, but just don't know what was the issue that you are facing with the X470 Taichi. But I do agree that the BIOS is poor in this case. Flashing this back to an earlier P3.60 actually works fine for me. The P3.90 is just annoying me too much since it keeps failing to POST. Unfortunately for me, I've been using the board for close to a year now, so returning is not an option available for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watzupken81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 5:36pm
I don't know how they conveyed the message to you to get you so annoyed, but I do agree that downgrading the BIOS may solve the problem. In my case, it actually did not cross my mind to downgrade the BIOS to an earlier version. I was using a pre Ryzen 3000 BIOS which I think was P3.40. As I wanted to upgrade to 3900X, I just flashed directly to P3.90, and immediately started experiencing this failure to POST issue. After seeing your response, I thought I will just give it a shot to downgrade to P3.60, and somehow the POST issues went away. Though I am not sure if I am experiencing some other bug where the cores keep parking themselves into sleep mode even when running benchmark like Cinebench.

I do feel the support team may geniuinely want your system to work, so recommended for the BIOS downgrade. At least for the time being until they release another BIOS. Taking your comments about their recommendation to downgrade, it is working for my case, though I don't think I am out of the woods yet.

Unfortunately, I have no budget to spend on another motherboard for now, so just have to stick to this. The board is really well built and unique looking to me, but I also have to agree that the BIOS seems wonky.
ViCe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 8:52pm

I don't know how they conveyed the message to you to get you so annoyed, but I do agree that downgrading the BIOS may solve the problem. In my case, it actually did not cross my mind to downgrade the BIOS to an earlier version. I was using a pre Ryzen 3000 BIOS which I think was P3.40. As I wanted to upgrade to 3900X, I just flashed directly to P3.90, and immediately started experiencing this failure to POST issue. After seeing your response, I thought I will just give it a shot to downgrade to P3.60, and somehow the POST issues went away. Though I am not sure if I am experiencing some other bug where the cores keep parking themselves into sleep mode even when running benchmark like Cinebench.

I do feel the support team may geniuinely want your system to work, so recommended for the BIOS downgrade. At least for the time being until they release another BIOS. Taking your comments about their recommendation to downgrade, it is working for my case, though I don't think I am out of the woods yet.

Unfortunately, I have no budget to spend on another motherboard for now, so just have to stick to this. The board is really well built and unique looking to me, but I also have to agree that the BIOS seems wonky.

I'm annoyed by 2 things in their behavior:
1) bios update. I think, that's unacceptable to wait 3 month for new BIOS with new agesa, in same time others companies already released new bios with bug fixes, even Biostar.
2) support team. They don't even think to go deeper into the problem, just "install previous, if you have problem with new one, and new if old one". They don't asking about BIOS configuration and hardware. They dont care at all.
It doesn't make any sense of buying theirs products, if it so problematic to use your PC properly, and think about when you can get new bios and will it work normally without major issues, I don't even speak about minor.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watzupken81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 10:26pm
I got responses from their support team, but I do feel their response are really off. For instance, I provided the specs to them and they came back to explain that it is perfectly normal that it will run into boot issues, quoting an incorrect chipset/ mobo model. After I corrected them, they told me its normal too.

So I went on to respond a third time to say that I have flashed the BIOS back and it is working fine now. Just wanted them to check on their end and fix this supposedly "normal" behavior in future BIOS release. The person responding from the support team then asked me to test with CPU, GPU and RAM only to see if it boots/ POST. I kind of have a feeling that we are never on the same frequency.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 11:10pm
doesn't matter which board as long its on 1004B

ive been on x470 taichi u 3.94 i still get the resets but its down to lets say once a week
ViCe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 3:14pm

I got responses from their support team, but I do feel their response are really off. For instance, I provided the specs to them and they came back to explain that it is perfectly normal that it will run into boot issues, quoting an incorrect chipset/ mobo model. After I corrected them, they told me its normal too.

So I went on to respond a third time to say that I have flashed the BIOS back and it is working fine now. Just wanted them to check on their end and fix this supposedly "normal" behavior in future BIOS release. The person responding from the support team then asked me to test with CPU, GPU and RAM only to see if it boots/ POST. I kind of have a feeling that we are never on the same frequency.

So I see you get my point for now. They are just a bunch of incompetent idiots.
ViCe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 3:47pm
Yesterday I got new order to build a PC. And I choose b450 from Gigabyte. Yeah, it's a little more expensive, but their support team do their job well, they already provided me with new beta bios and instructions for recovering Mobo if new BIOS is unstable. Here's how it should work, ASRock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 108>
  Share Topic