ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterCxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:44pm
I am still facing the bootloop issues with my 3900X on B450 ITX/ac... and it's like a month later now. Everyday turning on the computer is like lottery...
AsiJu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsiJu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:16pm
There seems to be a BETA bios for X370 Gaming K4 over at JZ electronic available, check the link in the OP. Includes 1003ABB AGESA.
JohnnyS. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Originally posted by JohnnyS. JohnnyS. wrote:

Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac with BIOS 3.50.
Not able to change settings in the BIOS. After saving, the computer gets stuck and I have to do a hard reset.

Is this the case with any setting or is there something specific causing it (like XMP)?

Could you try the following:

1. Enter the UEFI, save and exit without making changes
2. If the system POSTs as normal after 1 then try changing a fan profile from default to full or silent (doesn't matter which) then save and exit.
3. If you are able to POST after that, restore factory defaults and enable XMP but set the frequency manually to 2133 then save and exit.
4. If you are able to POST at this point then you can go into the UEFI and increase the RAM frequency one step at a time saving and rebooting after each step.

Let us know where your system fails to post. Good luck

Thank you for the test suggestions.

I fail at step 1. Even if I want to leave the BIOS without changes, the system doesn't post.
It has the same behaviour if I just change the fan setting or the memory voltage.
sebastianer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:45am
Originally posted by PeterCxy PeterCxy wrote:

I am still facing the bootloop issues with my 3900X on B450 ITX/ac... and it's like a month later now. Everyday turning on the computer is like lottery...

I hope it is solved soon... (3700X here but same motherboard).

Support recommended me to try with another PSU. But buying and replacing the PSU is a pain in the ass, and with so many people facing exactly the same issue with the same motherboard and Zen 2, then I don't think this is the problem. I think it's either the AGESA bios running with 4XX chipset OR something that needs to be figured out by ASRock in their firmwares (but I think this issue we have, is present also in some MSI boards as well).
(PSU is working fine, PC never crashes no matter the power I draw. And it's not old).

The new stuff in my rig is:
- 3700X
- B450 ITX motherboard
- RAM: BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
- and the NVME Crucial P1

All the rest is harwdware i was perfectly using before. From the new stuff, the NVME is not an issue, if I remove it, issue persist.
MB: ASRock B450 ITX (P3.70)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
SSD: Crucial P1 500 NVME
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX1080
PSU: Enermax ERX530AWT --> Corsair RM650x (CP-9020178)
Teyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 3:46am
I also still have the same POST issues with my B450 Gaming-itx/ac and a Ryzen R5 3600 since launch of Zen 2.

The support is not getting tired to point at my PSU or talking about a defective CPU. The first is a one year old Corsair SF600 which worked perfectly with an overclocked Ryzen R7 1700, the latter is something I never experienced in 30 years of hardware.

Fact is: I can always get the board to cold boot/post after pulling out the cable, wait 10 seconds and put it in again. What does never work is, making a warm boot or starting without pulling the cable.

When the system has started, everything works perfectly stable. The only issue is starting and sleep mode.

sebastianer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Teyn Teyn wrote:

I also still have the same POST issues with my B450 Gaming-itx/ac and a Ryzen R5 3600 since launch of Zen 2.

The support is not getting tired to point at my PSU or talking about a defective CPU. The first is a one year old Corsair SF600 which worked perfectly with an overclocked Ryzen R7 1700, the latter is something I never experienced in 30 years of hardware.

Fact is: I can always get the board to cold boot/post after pulling out the cable, wait 10 seconds and put it in again. What does never work is, making a warm boot or starting without pulling the cable.

When the system has started, everything works perfectly stable. The only issue is starting and sleep mode.

And you never had this issue with the 1700 and the same motherboard, gpu, psu, etc right?

I only tried a Ryzen 1600 for a week, I haven't had any issues as far as I remember, but 1 week was not enough to know that the 1600 was perfectly stable with the B450 ITX, and the 3700X not.
MB: ASRock B450 ITX (P3.70)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
SSD: Crucial P1 500 NVME
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX1080
PSU: Enermax ERX530AWT --> Corsair RM650x (CP-9020178)
PeterCxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterCxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 7:06am
Originally posted by sebastianer sebastianer wrote:

Originally posted by PeterCxy PeterCxy wrote:

I hope it is solved soon... (3700X here but same motherboard).

Support recommended me to try with another PSU. But buying and replacing the PSU is a pain in the ass, and with so many people facing exactly the same issue with the same motherboard and Zen 2, then I don't think this is the problem. I think it's either the AGESA bios running with 4XX chipset OR something that needs to be figured out by ASRock in their firmwares (but I think this issue we have, is present also in some MSI boards as well).
(PSU is working fine, PC never crashes no matter the power I draw. And it's not old).

The new stuff in my rig is:
- 3700X
- B450 ITX motherboard
- RAM: BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
- and the NVME Crucial P1

All the rest is harwdware i was perfectly using before. From the new stuff, the NVME is not an issue, if I remove it, issue persist.

I don't believe it's anything other than the firmware itself. My PC worked perfectly fine before I swapped my old 2700X out, and it works perfectly if I swap my 2700X back in, pointing to a defective PSU does not make any sense.

And judging from how many people on this forum have the exact same problem only on old motherboards, it's either 1) AMD has a huge bunch of defective CPUs that were only sold to old motherboard users 2) The board firmware is messed up terribly.
Daveydguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveydguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:14pm
I went from 2400g to 3600 on the b450 itx. Stable as a rock booting with 2400g.

3600 has never been stable in boot.

Tried all bios upto 3.50
AsiJu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsiJu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

AGESA 1.0.0.3ABB BIOS betas are up:

https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=BIOS

It appears a few boards are missing from the list but I suspect they are still in testing. I have a feeling these will resolve the bulk of issues currently experienced on older versions.

Please pay attention to the BIOS descriptions, these beta BIOSes are not recommended for use with first and second gen CPUs.

More BIOSes up today guys, including for X370 Killer SLI / Gaming K4! Go grab them!
badboy141 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote badboy141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 6:36pm
Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 on 6.00 is quite stable. Rockin 3700x with 3000Mhz cl15 ram oc'ed at 3600Mhz cl16 (as for now, didnt have time to play with it) Hynix CJR.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 108>
  Share Topic