ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topaimz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by muzz muzz wrote:

Yeah, minimal power differences are hardcore, I'd definitely return it....
REALLY?
Have at it, ya'll worry about things that are minimal.....
If 36 Cents a month matters THAT much, have at it.

Can you not do simple calculations?
Nearly 50% difference in power draw during load for the same performance isn't minimal by any means.
If there are two cars with the same engine, providing the same hp and torque, but one's highway fuel efficieny/mileage is 50% worse, you think that's a "minimal" difference?
It has negative implication in regards to the QA or engineering.

The power draw is surprising because the components (isl69147, isl6617, isl99227b, etc.) used by Asrock are good in terms of quality.
ryansg8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryansg8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 10:47am
So with all this talk about ram being the most likely thing a fault for the boot loops, someone please recommend a solid 16gb ram kit (even though i think it's a bit ridiculous to expect even the techy among us to have to go into their bios and manually set the entire ram numbers, when intel is just compatible with any ram set i tried, including the one I'm using now on ryzen), I have no issue buying some off amazon to see if it resolves this issue *i would probably be ecstatic if it did*, but if not its amazon so it's easy enough to return.
efegue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efegue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 4:37pm
My ASRock B450M Steel Legend is working ok'ish. There's quite a few bugs in the BIOS, like if I change something.. and I want to disable some functionality, such as PBO for eg. it won't work after being applied, I need to reset the BIOS.
Also the BLCK doesn't do anything.. the max value is 103, there's no change at all, this setting is not working.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by ryansg8 ryansg8 wrote:

So with all this talk about ram being the most likely thing a fault for the boot loops, someone please recommend a solid 16gb ram kit (even though i think it's a bit ridiculous to expect even the techy among us to have to go into their bios and manually set the entire ram numbers, when intel is just compatible with any ram set i tried, including the one I'm using now on ryzen), I have no issue buying some off amazon to see if it resolves this issue *i would probably be ecstatic if it did*, but if not its amazon so it's easy enough to return.

The RAM issue is pretty much universal, different brands will be weak with
different RAM brands but in all, there will always be at least a few RAM kits
that just don't work right with any given board. The issue is a lot less wide
spread than it used to be, AMD has improved the situation tremendously, but it
still exists. Bare in mind intel are on their "9th gen" (so 4 generations of
DDR4) with their current architecture and IMC, they have had a lot more time to
fine tune and refine their IMC and compatibility and also worked closely in
developing the standard with their X99 platform.

RAM I have seen working well with Ryzen:
G-Skill Flare X and Fortis
Team Group XCALIBUR Phantom Gaming
Geil EVO SPEAR Phantom Gaming Edition

The last two obviously worked with ASRock to create the "Phantom Gaming"
edition models so they should be better compatible than most. G-Skill's Flare X
and Fortis ranges are also well known for being very compatible with Ryzen
systems and these are the models I most commonly recommend having never had a
single issue with either. I have not tried the Phantom Gaming edition models
myself but have likewise heard good things.

If you can pick up a decent RAM kit from any of those product lines you should
be good to go. If not, you can safely rule out RAM as the cause for your
issues. Hopefully this gets you up and running, if not, make a thread for
yourself detailing your issues and listing your specs and we (the forum) will
do our best to help you work it out. You can also send a support ticket to
ASRock.

I hope this helps get you up and running.

Edited by Xaltar - 30 Aug 2019 at 7:28pm
CorNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 9:14pm
my systems (fatal1ty ITX b450 w/3600x, fatal1ty ITX x470 w/3800x) worked fine with previous gen Ryzen chips. The x470 RAM, Patriot Viper 4 3733 was running at 3600MHz, the other was running stable at 3433MHz with G.SKILL TridentZ b-die 3600.

Now, they both have bootloop issues at 2133 and nothing I do in the RAM settings stops it from happening. When my systems do boot with the 3000 series chips, they can run memtest and pass whether XMP or default 2133. It makes no sense. Inever thought the non b-die Patriot 3733 XMP would work at full speed when I bought it, yet it passes memtest at 3733 when it manages to boot. The thing is, it eventually boots after I fight it for 10-20 min, but I have the same fight even at 2133, and even the other board at 2133 when it's using b-die that's known to have no to little issues with Ryzen.
cerror View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerror Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 2:58am
I bought a MSI B450M mortar, was going to buy it for a server anyway.
Flashed the bios (cpu-less bios update) and it works first try without any issue.

If they can do it, you can do it asrock. :/
Oirllah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oirllah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 8:34am
Hello everyone!
I have a post and reboot problem on my system containing next parts: fatal1ty b450 gaming itx/ac, ryzen5 3600, kingston a1000 m.2 480gb ssd, Kingston hyperx 2x16(hx424c12pb3k2/32), powercolor rx 580 8gb red dragon, sfx chieftec 650w (csn 650-c).

Cold post work in 90% of the time, system usually boot to windows in 30-40 sec. But reboot are usually go into bootloop, same as sleep mode. Even exiting bios can start bootloop.

Current bios is 3.5

Would be very grateful for any advice.
chichikov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chichikov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:48pm
Hey there. Anyone ran into any issues with an ATX b450 steel legend and a 3600 or 3700x?
Bol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 10:49pm
B450 gaming ac-itx, ryzen3600, 7700hd(temp) silverstone sst-sg500 psu.
I had my reply yesterday from asrock technical support including a new bios.(3.51). Installed and tested this morning and issue still persists.
system fires up and fans spin, reboots and hangs until powered down.
Occasionally about every 10 reboots i will get a bios screen
Ran downclocked and settings dont stay applied.
Bios returned to 3.30 as its the most bootable.

Incidentally, all bioses I have installed have been overwritable to previous versions.
Additionally previous generation cpu ( 2200g and 200ge ) ran fine on bios versions upto 3.51.

EricM80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricM80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 9:49am
So I was happy because the R3900 was working great (no bootloop) in my dual-ITX rackmount unit with twin 250W power supplies (tested both supplies). It even ran prime95 small FFTx24 on stock settings (so much for the VRM theory). I put the R3900 in my X570 taichi where it was supposed to go, ordered another B450ITX: fatal(1ty) mistake, see what I did there -- and a pair of R3600s.
One of the R3600/B450 combo works great, no bootloop. That's the new mobo. The other combo (that was working with the R3900!!) bootloops like there's no tomorrow, maybe 1 in 20 succesful boots. Same RAM in both (2x16GB Ballistix 3200). Multiple CMOS clears, it clears itself every 3 boots anyway. Works much better with the Antec 380W power supply, but that's not going to fit in a 2U rackmount.
I'm torn between asking ASRock to RMA the one that doesn't work in the (faint) hope of getting one that works, and not running the risk to be outside the return window with Newegg. Others went with Asus (and MSI, above) which solved all issues, on top of having 2x M.2 slots.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 108>
  Share Topic