ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricM80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Bol Bol wrote:

B450 gaming ac-itx, ryzen3600,

new bios.(3.51)

Don't forget to post here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ASRock/comments/cm0shy/tech_support_sent_you_a_beta_bios_post_it_here/?sort=new
Bios returned to 3.30 as its the most bootable.

I tried 3.30 today, didn't work for me at all.

Here's what others are doing, sorry Asrock:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ASRock/comments/cx4zui/switching_to_asus_fixed_all_my_problems/
Irfaanm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irfaanm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 6:36pm
I have the b450m steel legend Bios 2.60 . Ram wouldnt enable the XMP so I had to manually OC it to 3133mhz as its rated for 3200mhz. Other then that, its running solid.
shantman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 1:59am
Originally posted by sebastianer sebastianer wrote:

I think I'm not the only one with this issue, some guy in Reddit with the same motherboard and I think CPU, told me that when he finally got a successful POST decided to leave his PC on 24/7 disabling sleep.

Hi sebastianer,

TLDR: I'm having the same issue using the same board/CPU. I updated to BIOS 3.50 with no luck on resolving it. Did you ever have any luck with yours? Please let me know if you were ever able to get it POST normally or if you ended up switching hardware. Thanks!

The whole story:

I am having exactly the same issues. I have the B450 ITX board as well, I bought it new, with BIOS v. 3.30 installed already so I built it together with the 3700X right from the start. It took a a couple of reboots the first time with the GPU fan spinning full speed, CPU/Case fans not spinning at all, which scared the sh*t out of me. After a couple reboots it POSTed and like you said, once it POSTS it stays on.

I had hoped that was the end of it. But the next day i went through the same thing except it took an entire hour before I was able to get it to POST. Once I got it to POST it seemed to be able to POST more frequently in succession, so I decided to install the newer BIOS update v. 3.50 hoping it would resolve the issue, but here I am today going through the same thing.

ryansg8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ryansg8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 2:27am
Hey everyone,
support provided me with b450 itx/ac bios 3.52 beta.
Didn't fix anything for me, but thought I would post it here if anyone wants to try and maybe it will solve your issues.
https://mega.nz/#!mE8RCAQa!iqlJStEK4DkA0tTeJUAAdF8u9VZmnnI1MKB35RAf5WA
EricM80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricM80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 9:05pm
Thank you for sharing. BIOS 3.52 didn't help in my case either.
Add Seasonic Focus Gold 450FM to the list of power supplies this motherboard doesn't like with a R3600. Antec Earthwatts 380 POSTed just fine and I used that to install 3.52 instead of swapping to a R1700 like I did many times before.
Returning both of my B450 ITX/AC Fatal1ty boards to Newegg today.
BTW tech support never got in contact with me after filling the form on their website (not in any spam folder either). I still have faith in their ATX-sized boards, but for this project it's going to be Asus.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 10:19pm
I have forwarded the issue to my contacts at ASRock guys, by the posts in this
thread the issue seems to be common across multiple 300 and 400 series ITX
boards. I will post here as soon as I know more.

Edited by Xaltar - 04 Sep 2019 at 10:20pm
ryansg8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryansg8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 10:24pm
I ended up also getting some corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz cl5 ram off amazon to see if it resolved any issues and.... it worked kind of? It definitely boots more consistently but not anything I would consider acceptable for a consumer motherboard. Also I now get a motherboard beep when booting (just a single beep) which seems to indicate ram timing issues for asrock boards. Bios still resets every couple of boots but not as frequently as before.
distobj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote distobj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 10:41pm
It's a relief to find this feedback. I have a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac board as well, and a Ryzen 3600 which posted once or twice when I first set it up, but never since despite going through the proper BIOS upgrade process (up to 3.50 now). Luckily I had a 1600X sitting around that gives me a usable system, but still... I already RMAd the motherboard once, and if not for the 1600X would have switched boards by now... which remains an option, of course.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 12:29am
@ xalter
long time no speak mate

to be honest a combination of too much squabbling on this forum and a lack of time to repeat the same answers again and again

glad to see your patience is still 100%

anyways ............ my new 3800x should be here tomorrow (thursday)
i may be able to help out a little once more with some ryzen 3000 experiance once i get it running in the x370 taichi

once again
respect to you coming here every day to help others
tony

Edited by datonyb - 05 Sep 2019 at 12:29am
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 1:03am
Thanks mate, nice to see you still about too

This forum may have it's flaws but it's still consistently the most friendly
forum of it's kind I know of, I am more than happy to be a part of it and will
always do my best to keep it this way

Most often when there are harsh words or arguments it's just frustration with
something not working the way it should, being able to relate helps a lot.

I got my 3600 up and running on my X370 Taichi without any issues, my RAM
however has never given me any issues from first gen to now though so your
mileage may vary. Annoyingly, I never have the same issues other people do,
when I am trying to help people figure it out that is actually a bad thing...

My x570 Taichi is still being put through it's paces, so far aside from some
memory training on cold boot it's running smoothly. I will be doing a user
review comparing it to my other AM4 boards soon, detailing my experience with
them all and Ryzen 3000.

Good luck with the new CPU mate, they are quite an upgrade from first gen

Edited by Xaltar - 05 Sep 2019 at 1:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 108>
  Share Topic