ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 4:23am
P.S.: I also updated my Nvidia card bios with this tool: https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html (because I use displayport with a g-sync monitor). but didn't helped.

And also updated my nvme ssd firmware to a recent one from July 23:
https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-ssd-p1

But didn't helped.

Basically every-time the PC lose the power, the next time I turn it on, motherboard will have a really hard time to do a POST and when it does, it loads default settings (fTPM turns off, FAN speed back to stock, boot priorities back to default, etc).
And this happen sometimes when I put the PC to sleep too, or when I shutdown Windows (without turning off the PSU).

MB: ASRock B450 ITX (P3.70)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
SSD: Crucial P1 500 NVME
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX1080
PSU: Enermax ERX530AWT --> Corsair RM650x (CP-9020178)
bleomycin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleomycin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 7:03am
X470 Taichi Ultimate
Bios: 3.30
CPU: 3700x

After update from 3.20 (which was working mostly fine it seems), motherboard is unable to save any changes. Every boot of the board has it stall and reset itself to defaults. Reverted back to 3.20 for now.
T1125P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T1125P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 8:31am
Sometimes it's just not worth it TBH. Here we have AMD say all next gen Ryzen CPU's will work on X470, X370, etc with a simple bios update but in the end it doesn't. This is I believe is the fault of Motherboard Vendors and AMD for not fully testing all CPU's with all motherboards that will support the next gen Ryzen CPUs. I have a x470 with a 2700x and I think the best thing to do is just buy a x570 board and be done with it. This is why I really don't give Intel any flack for not supporting older sockets. This is most likely the reason, because it never really works out in the end.
x470 Taichi v5.10
5800X3D (Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B)
G.SKILL Flare X Series (8GBx4) 32GB 3200 CL14
970 Evo 1TB+SK Hynix 2TB
PNY RTX 4070 Super
SoundBlaster AE-7
EVGA 850W Platinum
LG WH16NS40
AOC Q24G2A
KiF1rE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiF1rE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 8:37am
Sebastioner I'm having the same boot problem. Every time power is lost it goes into that loop on power up.

I'm on an X470 master sli/ac

It's tough, as now basically the board resets all settings every powerup and they have to be reset every time.
Synoche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synoche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by bleomycin bleomycin wrote:

X470 Taichi Ultimate
Bios: 3.30
CPU: 3700x

After update from 3.20 (which was working mostly fine it seems), motherboard is unable to save any changes. Every boot of the board has it stall and reset itself to defaults. Reverted back to 3.20 for now.
you could downgrade with the old bios? I will try it after work today, if i can do the same. Thanks for the hint!
Hans_Bethe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans_Bethe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 2:36pm

Hallo,

I build up a new System with an ASRock B450M Pro4 and a Ryzen 5 3600. I do have the same weired boot issues. BIOS 3.5 improved the situation and my computer was running just fine during the weekend (Every power on run into Windows 10 smoothly).

But this morning I switched on the PC and it took variose resets and repower cycles until the motherboard did POST and loaded Windows. One up and running the system is rock stable.

Please ASRock help and solve this via BIOS upgrade!

Hans
ASRock B450M Pro4 BIOS 3.60
Ryzen 5 3600
Crucial P1 SSD NVMe in M.2 Ultra
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 DIMM CL16
sebastianer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by KiF1rE KiF1rE wrote:

Sebastioner I'm having the same boot problem. Every time power is lost it goes into that loop on power up.

I'm on an X470 master sli/ac

It's tough, as now basically the board resets all settings every powerup and they have to be reset every time.

Hi,

Would you like to try removing the Reset SW connectors from the motherboard?

At least some guys with MSI motherboards are having better booting results removing that:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cdpjld/for_those_having_issues_with_no_post_as_stupid_as/

I won't be able to try this in my ASRock B450 ITX till Thursday when I'm back at home.
MB: ASRock B450 ITX (P3.70)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
SSD: Crucial P1 500 NVME
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX1080
PSU: Enermax ERX530AWT --> Corsair RM650x (CP-9020178)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 9:14pm
I have updated the OP here:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11976&PN=1&title=ryzen-3000-series-support

to include the link to JZ's extremely helpful BIOS download page.
af22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote af22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 9:55pm
Hi, user of B450 Steel Legend here / with Ryzen 5 3600

Great work on the updated bios which solved the WHEA issues.

However it seems to have lost the feature to power on the system automatically?

The system used to power up upon switching on the power supply.

I believe the related option have been removed in the latest BIOS update.

Currently the option "Restore on AC/Power Loss" is set to "Power On" and Windows 10 Fast Restart has been disabled too.

Any other settings I can try within the BIOS or Windows 10?
KGDorsidhion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGDorsidhion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 10:01pm
Ok so im having booting issues where most of the time it takes a few tries, bios resets then it boots. Seem common right now so not too worried about that, also ram frequency issues, cant get to run at advertised speeds, seems common as well. Heres where i have some deviations, not sure if they are related to running a Ryzen 5 3600. RAM seems more stable and I can achieve higher frequency clocks on A1/B1. Had it running stable at 3000mhz. Ran IntelBurnTest on Maximum for 10 cycles no issue, Windows 10 built in memory diagnostic no issues. Memtestx86 threw 3 errors during test 13, the hammer test, but by my limited reading, that shouldnt be too much of a problem, correct me if im wrong. But heres the kicker, running the RAM in slots A2/B2 like recommended running at the same settings as previous I got 4 BSOD (all different error codes) within maybe 10 minutes and windows 10 memory diagnostic almost immediately threw a hardware issue. My second issue is I had W10 installed on a NVME SSD (SATA3, i believe) installed in slow M.2-2, once my bluescreens occured id get to the windows splash screen but windows would not load. tried repair, instantly fails. Am i looking at more than Ryzen 3000 compatibility issues or is it just that. Specs in signature, mobo and cpu are new as of Saturday 7/27
B450M PRO4, RYZEN 5 3600, RTX 2060 SUPER, CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 MHZ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 108>
  Share Topic