ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 108>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sc5mu93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sc5mu93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by exharris exharris wrote:

I just updated by B450M Pro4 from 3.40 to 3.60 to apply the AMD fix (to the RDRAND instruction probelm which stops Linux booting), and now cannot get into the BIOS menus, screen just goes blank and nothing happens. Not good.

I had the same thing with my b450ITX/ac Fatality with 3.50 (latest non-Beta for this board). Stripped it down to nothing, and discovered it was the M.2 drive.

I lost the M.2 boot from previous BIOS update to support Ryzen 3K, however I could at least still access it from the OS. With the most recent, I physically had to remove it from the system to access the BIOS. (currently booting from SATA). Luckily, I was able to migrate everything over, prior to this "update" so I didn't lose any data.

I could access instant flash, and boot order (m.2 drive not listed) at boot. But F2/DEL lead to black screen with frozen old school cursor bar. Hard reset required.
exharris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:12pm
Managed to get into mine now using Windows 10 recovery menu options
wenerikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenerikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by pickleslips pickleslips wrote:

I've just built up a PC with a Taichi x570 & a 3900x and i'm getting 00 on Dr Debug.

I've reseated the CPU and reset the cmos but no change.

Is there anything else I could look at?

Mate, best solution is to return mobo from Asrock and buy from Gygabyte, believe me, I'm sitting here for 1+ month and still have boot issues...
pickleslips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickleslips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 2:24pm
I've just built up a PC with a Taichi x570 & a 3900x and i'm getting 00 on Dr Debug.

I've reseated the CPU and reset the cmos but no change.

Is there anything else I could look at?
exharris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:51pm
I just updated by B450M Pro4 from 3.40 to 3.60 to apply the AMD fix (to the RDRAND instruction probelm which stops Linux booting), and now cannot get into the BIOS menus, screen just goes blank and nothing happens. Not good.
Bol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:27pm
Cleared cmos, updated to 3.50 in the hope of fix a week later and boot hangs as usual. On the upside, my m2 sata is now visible when I can see a boot screen which ain't very often.
otakunorth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otakunorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 1:00am
I got new Trident Z Neo, and old corsair ddr4 3000, both give me this issue, even when running at 2133 :(
butchboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butchboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 12:16am
I had the same problem. I got around it by hopping into UEFI and lowering the timing of my memory modules. Maybe this will work for you too.
otakunorth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otakunorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:46pm
Having a similar issue with the x470 taichi, it just hangs on windows loading screen (spinning circle) after upgrading from a ryzen 1600 to a ryzen 3600 even after latest bios and new windows
migelite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote migelite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:17am
Originally posted by migelite migelite wrote:

Hi, I bought a 3700X this week (upgraded from 1600) and installed to my Asrock Fatal1ty ab350 gaming-itx/ac.

Updated bios to 6.00. System was running fine until it crashed and entered a bootloop. Couldn't even reach the bios.

Deinstalled the 3700X and installed my 1600, now everything is working fine.

Should I wait until a new bios version? Has there been a recent solution to this? Is there a expected timeframe? I also emailed Asrock (no reply yet). Thanks!

UPDATE: I tried swapping my 1600 to my 3700X again and removing the two 8 Gb 3000 Mhz sticks that I have for the single 8 Gb 2400 Mhz. PC booted and did a few tests and worked fine. I then swapped the stick again for the other two with higher frequency and the PC booted.

The current issue I have now is that the PC takes a while to boot correctly (it bootloops a few times) and the RAM sticks frequency only runs at 2133 Mhz. If I try to run them at 3000 Mhz through the bios, the PC won't boot.

Does anyone think the issue is with RAM compatibility or is it the board/chip compatibility? Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 108>
  Share Topic