ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srdjan1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:56pm
Anyone has 6.27 beta bios, and if you does, can you send PM it to me? Thanks :) Can't find it anywhere, and I've deleted my copy (accidentally).
ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 12:58pm
Made the mistake of updating my BIOS to 5.8 on my X370 Fatality Gaming K4 board with my Ryzen 7 1700.
Was on an earlier BIOS working fine, flashed this, usual CMOS reset etc., and upon cold boot it just goes into memory test fans 100%, nothing until I hit reset, then it boots just fine.
I can't go into BIOS and save then exit normally, it just goes into test, and doesn't post, keeps retrying until I hit the reset button, then it boots. :(
I'll have to wait until the next BIOS update, but if they stop support for this board, I'm screwed. Yay!
ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 1:28pm
WOW just as I wrote the previous post I made a hail mary effort, and tried the latest Ryzen DRAM calculator by 1usmus download over at techpowerup, and holy smokes I guess for some platform and RAM combos it freaking works!
I guess it is all a matter of compatibility and proper settings.
I popped in my RAM type etc., hit the XMP R button to populate what's required then hit calculate safe and really REALLY questioned what I was seeing for the CAS TCL setting of 14 @3000MHz which is what I was aiming for. Previously 3000MHz was my absolute top setting which wasn't completely stable with a CAS of 16, RAM is rated for 16 @2666MHz (Crucial ballistix).
I set everything for sh*ts as giggles and omg, it's working it booted, no cold boot issue, and I'm able to save and get out of the BIOS!!!!
Previously I couldn't even leave it on defaults/auto for everything and boot.
1usmus whoever you are, you're a doll!
I did NOT set the XMP settings, I left that on auto, and then manually set all the timings for RAM.
Give yourself a minute to go lookup this tool, watch a video on how to use it, get the proper info on your ram, I used "Thaiphoon" to get that info, and voila, holy I'm shocked my RAM is working with 1T timings @14CAS.
This isn't expensive RAM, but it was expensive at the time before RAM prices dropped.
Anyways I'll shut up now.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 1:37pm
amen finally someone willing to manually set ram timings good for you :D

what ICs are they? you should be able to go alot higher
ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 1:42pm
They're crap Micron B according to Typhoon.
Some random crucial ballistix that were on sale like 2 years ago or is it 3 now? ?????
It almost seems like this platform isn't very newbie friendly, but it's still fun to tinker with like the old days.
Even if a system runs without entering manual settings I think everyone should to optimize what they have. Like seriously how is my ram running on CL 16 settings with a command rate of 1T???
Nerding out here. So cool ??
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 2:00pm
i've always optimize my stuff been this way for 25 years

5mhz below bsod at a voltage i'm comfortable with

i believe Micron B can do 3200@15/16 but no much fun on Micron B since they dont like voltages.
ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 2:11pm
Cool, I'll try that out another night, bed time.
Just glad to have my rig working again and in much better condition.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 3:10pm
For those of us who tinkered with jumper settings, added cache to the motherboard
and other "old school" setup tweaks/tricks the Ryzen platform is a lot of fun.
My greatest annoyance with the platform with regards to causing confusion and frustration
for new/inexperienced builders is also one of the most fun aspects, there are so
many settings exposed in the UEFI. In fact, even for experienced builders/tinkerers
it can be a bit overwhelming. Manually tuning the RAM however is practically
essential to get the best out of an AM4 system, especially if you are a tinkerer.

Typically, we have 3 types of people on the forums:
1. The plug and play group that just want things to work as soon as it's assembled.
2. The auto config group that think XMP (etc) should just work regardless of compatibility.
3. Tinkerers that mess with everything and hunt down every bug, quirk and tweak.

All tech lovers just with different priorities
ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by ShampooCA ShampooCA wrote:

They're crap Micron B according to Typhoon.
Some random crucial ballistix that were on sale like 2 years ago or is it 3 now? ?��?��?��??
It almost seems like this platform isn't very newbie friendly, but it's still fun to tinker with like the old days.
Even if a system runs without entering manual settings I think everyone should to optimize what they have. Like seriously how is my ram running on CL 16 settings with a command rate of 1T???
Nerding out here. So cool ??

Supposed to say ...how is my ram running on CL14 1T settings.
Late night
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 6:18pm
on Jz's

X570M Pro4 - BIOS P2.50
1. Improve memory compatibility
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 108>
  Share Topic