ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[half solved] HDMI 2.0 with Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
henry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [half solved] HDMI 2.0 with Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
    Posted: 21 May 2016 at 8:13pm
Hey ocFTW, the BIOS version 2.10 seems to have fixed issues for me.

It just took ASRock 6 months to make the product work as advised...

Edited by henry - 21 May 2016 at 10:28pm
ocFTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocFTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Questions for the owners of the Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac board.

Help me out here guys, where do you see in the specs support for HDMI 2.0?

Or is that inferred from the 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 60Hz spec for the HDMI2 output?

You are all aware that the HDMI1 output is rated for 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 24Hz / (3840x2160) @ 30Hz, not the same as the HDMI2 output?

you typed all that up and posted different links but couldn't check that HDMI 1.4 is capped at 30Hz for 4K and only HDMI 2.0 can do 4K@60Hz?

yes, it's inferred from the 4k@60Hz support claimed on all marketing materials for this board, the manual and the spec listing on asrock's website

Also, as it is clearly stated  in the manual, I think all of us that are  complaining are aware that there is a difference in which port should be 2.0 enabled and that you have to use the correct one for 4K@60Hz

Asrock has just been too non-responsive on this issue that has been around for months.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 12:15pm
Questions for the owners of the Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac board.

Help me out here guys, where do you see in the specs support for HDMI 2.0?

Or is that inferred from the 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 60Hz spec for the HDMI2 output?

You are all aware that the HDMI1 output is rated for 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 24Hz / (3840x2160) @ 30Hz, not the same as the HDMI2 output?

For those with flickering on the TV image, have you tried disabling any of the C State CPU power saving options? Such as, not using Package C State support, and disabling C6 or C3?

You are aware that dual channel memory is required for support of 4K x 2K @60Hz?

Have you tried the Intel Graphics driver version 15.40.14.4352, that claims to fix flickering with Skylake processor graphics? Available here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen-?v=t

There are also several Beta graphics drivers available from Intel. They may not directly address the flickering issue, I'm just giving you others to try. This is the latest one, there are links to two others on this page:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-

I also found this driver, which seems to be the same version as the 4380 Beta driver, but is not labeled as a Beta. Confused  Here it is:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25818/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-

ocFTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocFTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 10:43am
Originally posted by dkeone dkeone wrote:

Hmm, i actually never updated the firmware for the HDMI as it said i already have 1.36, but looking at their own PDF their picture displays the same thing.. look here on step 2: http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/TSD/TheGuildofsupporting4kx2k@60Hz.pdf

Should i update even though the tool tells me i have 1.36?

I don't think so, my board came with 1.24 I think and the utility updated me to 1.36 which is the latest on asrock's page for our board

if you board already came with 1.36 just means it's newer stock than when I bought my board
dkeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 12:00am
Hmm, i actually never updated the firmware for the HDMI as it said i already have 1.36, but looking at their own PDF their picture displays the same thing.. look here on step 2: http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/TSD/TheGuildofsupporting4kx2k@60Hz.pdf

Should i update even though the tool tells me i have 1.36?

ocFTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocFTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by henry henry wrote:

I had a serious bug this week-end.
I lost HDMI audio after my computer went to sleep (common issue), and when I tried to turn it off and on again, I lost the signal entirely. Since Windows wouldn't display anything I tried to fix it by booting linux and faced the same issue when turning sound off and on. I ended up using another HDMI input that doesn't support HDMI 2.0 and it kinda solved itself.

It looks like the MegaChips firmware is still very buggy. Unhappy

yes

seems that way

they should stop marketing this board as having HDMI 2.0  or make a bigger announcement so it puts pressure on MegaChips saying their MCDP2800BB is faulty and they have to issue partial refunds to customers
henry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 6:42pm
I had a serious bug this week-end.
I lost HDMI audio after my computer went to sleep (common issue), and when I tried to turn it off and on again, I lost the signal entirely. Since Windows wouldn't display anything I tried to fix it by booting linux and faced the same issue when turning sound off and on. I ended up using another HDMI input that doesn't support HDMI 2.0 and it kinda solved itself.

It looks like the MegaChips firmware is still very buggy. Unhappy
henry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 11:14pm
Again, I have no problem playing videos; it's clearly signal dropout and it happens anytime.

With the new firmware I can use my computer for an hour without flicker and then it suddenly starts.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 6:38pm
Guys and gals, I'm outta my league here. I use an Asus HDP-R3 and my 34TB of movies are in ISO which is native to the HDP. Still, I'm only trying here to help. Take mercy on me.

On the FAQ page of MPC-HC is a couple of pointers for tearing and glitches.

Why am I seeing tearing in the video?

The video display is experiencing a synchronisation issue, try enabling V-Sync by pressing V. If you have more than one monitor connected make sure you extend the screen instead of duplicating it.

Why am I seeing strange glitches in the video?

Hardware acceleration is most likely not working correctly. Try going to Options ??Internal Filters, right-click the list on the right and click ?œDisable DXVA filters??and then reload the video (Ctrl+E or manually). If this does not solve your issue, and your video plays correctly in other video players then please make a bug report.

< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">

< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
henry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 8:05am
Yes it does happen on the desktop, while browsing, and so on. There's no pattern.

MPC-HC embeds LAV, which supports DXVA2 and QuickSync decoding out of the box, you don't need any codec packs for that.

Edited by henry - 16 Nov 2015 at 8:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic