ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini A300W Will Not Output Sound

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noises_Off Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmini A300W Will Not Output Sound
    Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 10:46am
First, some build information to hopefully make this a little easier:

Deskmini A300W
Ryzen 2400G
Ballistix Sport LT RAM (8GB - 2666Hz)
Patriot Scorch M.2 256GB

Windows 10 1903 (18362.267)
BIOS Version P3.40
Realtek Driver Version 6.0.8710.1

So, as the subject line states, my new Deskmini will not output sound either via HDMI or headphone jack. The volume slider shows a red X; when troubleshooting the only error that shows is "This device does not appear to be plugged in..."

This is a brand new build; Windows 10 1903 was loaded using a bootable USB. I've tested this using different monitors, HDMI cables and headphones. I have also made sure all drivers were up to date, and then rolled back when that didn't work. Each update and roll back was followed by a reset.

I'm not the most tech savvy guy around, so I'm not sure what other steps to take. Are there any other solutions, or did I just get a faulty unit?

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 7:17pm
Dear Noises_Off,

Thank you for posting your query to ASRock forum.

Regarding your question, kindly try to download the driver from the link below:
http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/AMD/AllIn1/AllIn1(v18.50.16.01_WHQL).zip

For the Realtek driver, please install the Realtek driver from ASRock official site.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/All/Audio/Realtek_Audio(v8710_UAD_WHQL_RTK).zip

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
Noises_Off View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noises_Off Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 10:59pm
That seems to have done it. It was downloading the All-In-One driver package that solved the issue.

Thanks for the prompt reply!
Watz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Watz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 7:45am
Also , if I may add, I went into UEFI screen by tapping F2 during boot. Once in UEFI screen I went to Advanced then South Bridge Configuration to Internal Speaker and ENABLED it. Save and exit. That fixed my issue with no sound through front headphone jack.
barrard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote barrard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 7:31am
I can confirm that enabling the internal speaker fixed my audio. On xUbuntu 18
Drewster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 6:57am
Those links no longer work. The link on the product page does however:
https://download.asrock.com/Drivers/AMD/AllIn1/AllIn1(v19.10.16_19H1_WHQL).zip

And if I may, I think this is the crampiest forum I have seen in over 20 years...
Blackbites View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackbites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 8:16pm
still no work in my deskmini
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic