ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS Updates, Urgent note, Please read.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viperjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 10:43pm
I update my A320M-HDV R4.0 to Bios version 7.10.

Now computer won't boot up and shows a black screen after updated BIOS.Now

Still able to can access UEFI page after pressing F2.

Need help..

voss749 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voss749 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 9:38pm
viperjet

What OS are you running?
If you are running windows 10 or less re-enable compatibility support module in bios
eltonwisk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltonwisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 11:05pm
I am sure most of you know by now, Ryzen 3000 has launched and there are BIOS updates available to support it.

As with second gen Ryzen launch I am seeing a lot of first and second gen Ryzen users updating to the latest BIOS and having issues with their systems.

Please guys, if you are not upgrading to Ryzen 3000 DO NOT UPDATE your BIOS at this early stage. In a few months all these teething issues should be resolved and you can try out the latest BIOS version if that is of interest to you.

Generally speaking, if your system is working as intended and you do not have issues with the BIOS then don't update. Ryzen in particular is a fickle beast that is prone to issues from one BIOS version to the next.

Most of the changes in the new updates are explicitly to add Ryzen 3000 support and will have absolutely no benefit to first and second gen Ryzen systems.
Tjosan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tjosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 4:35pm
X570 Taichi Razer Edition

"Update AMD AM4 AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.6b

*To support Ryzen 5000 G-series processors, it requires to update the BIOS with Matisse, Renoir or Vermeer CPU."

Can someone please explain if I already have 5000 G running is it ok to update bios with the existing CPU.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Tjosan Tjosan wrote:

X570 Taichi Razer Edition

"Update AMD AM4 AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.6b

*To support Ryzen 5000 G-series processors, it requires to update the BIOS with Matisse, Renoir or Vermeer CPU."

Can someone please explain if I already have 5000 G running is it ok to update bios with the existing CPU.

Yes, it's fine
Zethalion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zethalion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 1:04am
AGESA 1.2.0.7 is out for a while and fixes cpu stutters. Why don't we see this update provided yet? On my B550M Steel Legend it would be a very welcome update.

See for more information why this is important here: https://www.techpowerup.com/295821/amd-releases-agesa-v2-1-2-0-7-microcode-to-motherboard-vendors-and-oems
tangofan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangofan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 1:12pm
Asrock Taichi x470: Upgrade procedure from 2700X to 5800X3D

I am currently running BIOS Version P2.00 on my Taichi x470 with Windows 10 21H2 and would like to upgrade my Ryzen 2700X to a 5800X3D. I wasn't able to find a step-by-step guide for this, so that's why I'm hoping to get some advice here.

On their website at https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X470%20Taichi/index.asp#BIOS Asrock mentions that they do NOT recommend upgrading the BIOS to a newer version for Pinnacle Ridge CPUs like mine. However I suppose I do have to upgrade the BIOS before swapping out the CPU.

So here are my questions:
1. If I upgrade to a newer BIOS version - say 4.90 - will my computer still boot into Windows with my current 2700X and run (even if perhaps not at optimal speed)? That would be important to me, so I can order the 5800X3D after the BIOS upgrade succeeds.

2. Is version 4.90 the recommended version for the 5800X3D or should I use one of the earlier versions instead?

3. The following are the steps that I'm assuming I will need to do:
a) Reset BIOS to default settings
b) Upgrade BIOS to recommended version
c) Swap CPU
d) Reset BIOS again (just to be on the safe side)

Are there any other steps that I should be doing for this procedure?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice.

kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 4:42am
Originally posted by tangofan tangofan wrote:

Asrock Taichi x470: Upgrade procedure from 2700X to 5800X3D

I am currently running BIOS Version P2.00 on my Taichi x470 with Windows 10 21H2 and would like to upgrade my Ryzen 2700X to a 5800X3D. I wasn't able to find a step-by-step guide for this, so that's why I'm hoping to get some advice here.

On their website at https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X470%20Taichi/index.asp#BIOS Asrock mentions that they do NOT recommend upgrading the BIOS to a newer version for Pinnacle Ridge CPUs like mine. However I suppose I do have to upgrade the BIOS before swapping out the CPU.

So here are my questions:
1. If I upgrade to a newer BIOS version - say 4.90 - will my computer still boot into Windows with my current 2700X and run (even if perhaps not at optimal speed)? That would be important to me, so I can order the 5800X3D after the BIOS upgrade succeeds.

2. Is version 4.90 the recommended version for the 5800X3D or should I use one of the earlier versions instead?

3. The following are the steps that I'm assuming I will need to do:
a) Reset BIOS to default settings
b) Upgrade BIOS to recommended version
c) Swap CPU
d) Reset BIOS again (just to be on the safe side)

Are there any other steps that I should be doing for this procedure?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice.

yes, your 2700X would still work, there might be some hidden bugs as that update is mainly for zen2/zen3, but CPU microcode wasnt removed for gen1/gen1+

you can directly flash into latest bios, i dont see any bridge bios required for your board

d) might not be necesary

Edited by kerberos_20 - 30 Jul 2022 at 4:46am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 4:47am
[QUOTE=Zethalion] AGESA 1.2.0.7 is out for a while and fixes cpu stutters. Why don't we see this update provided yet? On my B550M Steel Legend it would be a very welcome update.

See for more information why this is important here: https://www.techpowerup.com/295821/amd-releases-agesa-v2-1-2-0-7-microcode-to-motherboard-vendors-and-oems[/QUOTE

agesa 1.2.0.7 is there for your mainboard, on bios download page scroll down to bottom, ull see it under beta bios releases]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Zethalion Zethalion wrote:

AGESA 1.2.0.7 is out for a while and fixes cpu stutters. Why don't we see this update provided yet? On my B550M Steel Legend it would be a very welcome update.

See for more information why this is important here: https://www.techpowerup.com/295821/amd-releases-agesa-v2-1-2-0-7-microcode-to-motherboard-vendors-and-oems

agesa 1.2.0.7 is there for your mainboard, on bios download page scroll down to bottom, ull see it under beta bios releases

Edited by kerberos_20 - 30 Jul 2022 at 4:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic