ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Extreme 7+ & Samsung M2 SSD 950 Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken_bs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Extreme 7+ & Samsung M2 SSD 950 Pro
    Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 11:23pm
I installed Windows 10 smoothly on the Samsung 950 Pro, and then connected a SATA drive.
All runs smooth, but not as fast as should.

On Advanced\Storage Configuration SATA Mode Selection AHCI (Changing to RAID and Windows fail to load, weather M2_1 RST PCIe enabled or not).

On Tool\System Browser the M2 shows, but the model is never recognized (as the rest of the installed hardware).

Tool\Boot Manager Default boot device is M.2 SSD (N1-Samsung SSD 950 Pro 256GB)

Boot tab: Boot Option Priorities: Boot Option 1 N1-Samsung SSD 950 Pro 256GB
Fast Boot Disabled
CSM > Launch Storage OpRom Policy: Legacy Only. When trying to change to UEFI only, startup fails and the 950 Pro is not recognized by UEFI.

Any chance to fix this, or will I have to reinstall Windows after setting the UEFI Launch Storage OpRom Policy to UEFI only?

Ken
ken_bs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken_bs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 3:11pm
I guess it was a desperate call after installing and setting my new computer 48 hours.
on UEFI, Tools the SSD model still doesn't show, boot priorities on boot and tool are not the samet. Few Windows installations that broke in the middle.
At the end the system works fast as should.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic