ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX BIOS keeps resetting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ENTERPRISE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENTERPRISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 2:26am
Well that is a bummer !
lajchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lajchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 12:02am
The latest 2.3 bios from the Asrock website is the same as the beta bios posted on this forum. It does not fix the Bios reset feature, and it takes longer to boot with the 2.3 VS the older revisions.

Who knew that they could actually make things worse with the new revision... :D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENTERPRISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 2:39am
Don't worry, after checking a different page I have found it. Will test after I send my results to Asrock for BIOS 2.00

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENTERPRISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 2:37am
Originally posted by rangulicon rangulicon wrote:

It?�s the Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3

Did you get it from the official site ? I am checking under BIOS downloads for this board (Which is the one you name) yet nothing for 2.3

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXTB3/index.asp#BIOS
hanzox7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanzox7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 2:11am
Thankfully, mine doesn't have this behavior, but any ideas where I can get what's changed from v2.0 to v2.3?
matthew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 12:49am
BIOS 2.30 that was released yesterday does not fix the issues listed in this thread. In addition it appears to incorrectly size to the monitor when showing the boot logo: two of the four options shown in the bottom-right are cut off.

It includes more XMP profiles, but each one overclocks voltage and none of them fix the BIOS settings being reset on boot.
rangulicon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangulicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 10:39pm
It?™s the Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENTERPRISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by rangulicon rangulicon wrote:

My RMA actually shipped with BIOS 1.60, even though the sticker said 2.00. The BIOS language was set to Chinese. The BIOS was configured to disable the RGB LEDs and some other random settings were changed as well. I've reset the BIOS back to defaults.

It seems the replacement board runs fine with my ram's XMP profile set and is not resetting the BIOS settings anymore. I've done some extensive testing on BIOS 1.60 and have updated BIOS to v2.30 and the motherboard is still acting as expected.

Hey out of interest what motherboard was this for ? Taichi Or Phantom Gaming ? I assume the Taichi or other as just checked the Phantom Gaming downloads and could not see a new BIOS.
Taichi_FTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taichi_FTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 2:54pm
Yes, it is BIOS version 3.0 that is killing my board.
It manifested itself as infinity boot loop and it wasn't even possible to do anything with blank display.
Ryzen 5 3600X on X570 Taichi
rangulicon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangulicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:09am
My RMA actually shipped with BIOS 1.60, even though the sticker said 2.00. The BIOS language was set to Chinese. The BIOS was configured to disable the RGB LEDs and some other random settings were changed as well. I've reset the BIOS back to defaults.

It seems the replacement board runs fine with my ram's XMP profile set and is not resetting the BIOS settings anymore. I've done some extensive testing on BIOS 1.60 and have updated BIOS to v2.30 and the motherboard is still acting as expected.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic