ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX BIOS keeps resetting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trasanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 9:43pm

looking for a solution on the web, I noticed that 1.0.0.4 Patch B is also creating problems for boards of other brands, like asus, biostar, gigabyte. on an asus forum I read that there is a conflict with soundcard xonar and soundblaster and this creates a boot issue. Since I own a xonar soundcard, I wanted to ask if you who have had this problem also have a build with a discrete soundcard.
Please if you can answer me.
Regards!!!
Master_Cyber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_Cyber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:39pm
I don't have a sound card.
Since Friday, my PC has not restarted the BIOS.
Has yours been reset?
Kiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:22pm
Found some guys saying that there could be a problem with the firmware and XMP memory profiles. Some say it can be workarounded by setting the values manual or using default (non OC/XMP) values.
Is someone able to test/verify this? I'm not on my system the next few days...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_Cyber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 12:13am
I've been testing this since last Friday, until today (3 days later) everything is fine, no problems.

But I will continue to analyze for a few more days.

I manually adjusted all times, increased the DRam voltage to 1.4V and SoC 1.15.
Trasanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trasanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:17am

since two days and a half with old bios version 1.70(Update AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3 ABBA) and no problem. I will continue to monitor the situation in the coming days and will let you know. it may be important to identify the cause of the problem and its solution at the same time. let's keep up to date
Trasanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trasanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:21am
It is likely that the solution is to manually set the frequencies. Some here are trying. We await the results in the coming days
Djorkaeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djorkaeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:05am
I don't know if it matters but XMP reports the following timings:
16-18-18-36-72
but HWiNFO says that current memory settings are:
16-18-18-36-73.

tRC should be faster according to XMP but bios sets it to a safe value of 73.
lajchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lajchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:16am
In my case, the bios resets even if everything is left at default.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_Cyber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:01pm
I set the times and frequency manually, I increased the DRam voltage to 1.4V and SoC 1.15, I did not change VDDP and VDDG.
Today (after 4 days) the BIOS was reset at cold start.
Now I will try to change the VDDP and VDDG and then install the BIOS for agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB.

Sad = /
Trasanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trasanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 4:33am
three and a half days with the old bios(with 1.0.0.3) and everything works properly. no problem for now.
wait a few more days. However this 1.0.0.4 has created problems for almost everyone, I am sure that asrock will release a more stable version in the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic