ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX BIOS keeps resetting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_Cyber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 3:44am
I put all frequencies and timings manually in the BIOS, already has 11 days without any reset. (I do not recommend enabling XMP)

Timings will depend on your memory/frequency.

But I believe that you can use this other information that I will pass on to you.

CLDO VDDP VOLTAGE CONTROL = 1.100
CLDO VDDG VOLTAGE CONTROL = 0.950
DRAM VOLTAGE = 1.400V

PROCODT = 40 OHM

GEAR DOWN MODE = ENABLE
POWER DOWN ENABLE = ENABLE

DATA BUS CONFIGURATION
RTTNOM = RZQ/6
RTTWR = RZQ/3
RTTPARK = RZQ/1

CAD BUS CONFIGURATION (CAD BUS DRIVE STRENGTH USER CONTROLS)
CLKDRVSTREN = 24.0 OHM
ADDRCMWDRVSTREN = 20.0 OHM
CSODTDRVSTREN = 20.0 OHM
CKEDRVSTREN = 24.0 OHM

I had Ultra Fast Boot disabled and yesterday I enabled it, today it remains normal.
seabisquick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seabisquick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Master_Cyber Master_Cyber wrote:

I put all frequencies and timings manually in the BIOS, already has 11 days without any reset. (I do not recommend enabling XMP)

But I believe that you can use this other information that I will pass on to you.

DRAM VOLTAGE = 1.400V

PROCODT = 40 OHM

GEAR DOWN MODE = ENABLE

DATA BUS CONFIGURATION
RTTNOM = RZQ/6
RTTWR = RZQ/3
RTTPARK = RZQ/1

CLKDRVSTREN = 24.0 OHM
CSODTDRVSTREN = 20.0 OHM
CKEDRVSTREN = 24.0 OHM

I had Ultra Fast Boot disabled and yesterday I enabled it, today it remains normal.

Are you making the changes in the OC Tweaking section or the Advanced Overclocking?

I ended up purchasing the asrock x570 itx (on 1.70 bios) and am running into the problem with the bios resetting. It was very difficult to get the g.skill ddr4 to run at the advertised 3600mhz with CL16. Now it seems like 25% of the time if I power down the settings will reset.

Trasanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trasanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 9:58pm
Hi Master!! Very good.
Dram voltage is higher of +0.05????
Master_Cyber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_Cyber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:12pm

DRAM VOLTAGE = 1.400V

PROCODT = 40 OHM

GEAR DOWN MODE = ENABLE

DATA BUS CONFIGURATION
RTTNOM = RZQ/6
RTTWR = RZQ/3
RTTPARK = RZQ/1

CLKDRVSTREN = 24.0 OHM
CSODTDRVSTREN = 20.0 OHM
CKEDRVSTREN = 24.0 OHM

And

SOC VOLTAGE = 1.100

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_Cyber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by seabisquick seabisquick wrote:

DRAM VOLTAGE = 1.400V

PROCODT = 40 OHM

GEAR DOWN MODE = ENABLE

DATA BUS CONFIGURATION
RTTNOM = RZQ/6
RTTWR = RZQ/3
RTTPARK = RZQ/1

CLKDRVSTREN = 24.0 OHM
CSODTDRVSTREN = 20.0 OHM
CKEDRVSTREN = 24.0 OHM

Are you making the changes in the OC Tweaking section or the Advanced Overclocking?

I ended up purchasing the asrock x570 itx (on 1.70 bios) and am running into the problem with the bios resetting. It was very difficult to get the g.skill ddr4 to run at the advertised 3600mhz with CL16. Now it seems like 25% of the time if I power down the settings will reset.

Only OC Tweaking

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_Cyber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Trasanna Trasanna wrote:

Hi Master!! Very good.
Dram voltage is higher of +0.05????

yes, default is 1.35v but i put 1.40v.
editor0range View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote editor0range Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:32am
@Master_Cyber
I just entered all those settings within my BIOS, except for the RAM timings but it still resets after a cold reboot.

I got this x570 ITX mainboard last week with BIOS 1.20 and since then it took about 40 seconds to POST and always resets when I do a cold reboot.

I jumped right to BIOS 2.00 but this didn´t solve the problem either. Is my 3950x broken?

Setting DRAM timings manually and skipping the XMP profile doesn´t help either.

Thought the G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB kit was faulty and bought a replacement 64GB Kit from Corsair which is listed in the compatibility list of the x570 iTX mainboard but no luck.

Or that CMS compatability mode who was mentionend on the 1st page of this thread. no chance.

Should I really tear apart everything and replace that CMOS battery which is so amazingly hidden under the IO shield?

I opened a ticket with Asrock support and the technician also told me to raise SOC_Voltage but that doesn´t work. I can add up voltage within SOC_Voltage to 1.1 or even 1.2 and it does nothing. I can run my memory at 1.4V and it doesn´t help either.

I pointed the good man to this thread. Hopefully he pulls a beta BIOS out of his helpdesk drawer.

On linustechtips forum I read about a guy who just re-seated all components on his x570 Aorus mainboard which was suffering from the same resetting bug and THAT FIXED THE PROBLEM FOR HIM.

Guys, it´s the weekend and I will try this tomorrow, re-seating components and maybe replacing the BIOS battery...

if you got any news how a real fix looks like, drop it right here...
Drafter0815 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drafter0815 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:08am
Hello,
I have the same issue.
Tried different bios. I am even not able to change language. After repowering everything is on standard settings.
Any news or hints for me?

Best regards
Drafter
editor0range View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote editor0range Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:36am
Ok, I got the solution:

The way to go was in fact raising the SOC_Voltage to 1.1 volts.
BUT and this is a big BUT...
In order to activate this completely you need to go to the AMD Overclocking section on the 3rd BIOS tab and ENABLE SOC_Voltage in a 2nd step.
Otherwise it won´t use the 1.1volts you´ve entered.

I found this out after reading the manual but frankly, that is not cool Asrock. Everytime I change an auto setting to a manual value I expect the BIOS to use this setting and not make me aktivate this in another setting deep down in the menus.

Hope you guys are happy with that solution.

It even did recoginse and save XMP settings and my POST time went from 40 seconds down to about 15.

I will return that board anyways now cause I am fed up with that user experience and go back to ATX.

Who want´s my Phanteks Evolv Shift? Can´t see that crap lying on my desk anymore!!!!
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 1:20pm
seems you have a weak 3950x or the ram settings is too agressive for the IMC if 40 secs down to 15seconds means your system is either doing ram training all the time or the 3 boot loop to default

anyhow my 3950x is sitting at 1.2 soc auto+pbo i'll eventually undervolt things but i'm just too busy streaming everyday to even test stablility
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic