ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX BIOS keeps resetting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lajchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

if its doing it on 1003 means the memory training is failing is it rebooting itself for 3 times? its normal for it to do that

in that case you need to manually set the ram to which the system is happy to boot with

here are 4 x570 itx on 3800 ram speeds
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dsu9K1Nt_7apHBdiy0MWVPcYjf6nOlr9CtkkfN78tSo/edit#gid=527992713

heres my 2 cents buy a prebuilt system if you want something to work out of the box

I tried to use the default memory timings, not even the XMP profile.
This was tested with 2 different memories and 2 different CPUs.

It can't be normal to reboot 3 items before it goes into windows.
It also can't be normal to have to enter the default settings manually.

I understand that it it sometimes challenging to get everything working as it should, but this is too much.

And buying an pre-built PC is not a solution, neither is the solution for this topic.

I am not the only one having this issue on this forum, and so far I have not seen any real solutions, and no statements from Asrock.

gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 6:26pm
its normal if you have set a memory timing that the system is not willing to boot on

and what do you call default settings

do some work. figure out what type of memory you have input the settings properly if you dont want to figure it out then give me a screenshot of your current ram with thaiphoon burner and i'll reply back with a dram calculator

lajchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lajchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 8:23pm
By default settings i mean the 2133MHZ preset the motherboard boots on, by default, after the bios is reset.

My Memory is currently G-Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC, and it should work on the motherboard set 2133 default preset.

I can also boot into the XMP profile, of 3600 CL16, and the computer works normally, until I shut it down, or reboot, then i goes to default.

If I boot the PC on "Default", reboot it, it will still go to "default" and to it's 3 cycles.

So no luck either way.

Kiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 5:14am
Update of some weeks of tests:

At least in my case, there is a issue when using the XMP settings of the (certified!) memory. Using standard settings works fine now for some weeks.

From the board behavior (trying to boot 3 times, then use fallback settings) it would match the "Fail Count" setting you see in the details of the DRAM section.

Because I've no idea if they read the XMP settings once you select them (like a template) into other areas or if they load them every time the system boots, I can't say how likely it is to just use the XMP settings in a manual profile. But at least default settings should fix some of the issues.

So a long story short: A possible FIX is to disable/manual set RAM overclocking/not using the XMP profiles directly

Sidenote: It could be that this is more of an AMD and not an ASROCK issue.
AleggoX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AleggoX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 12:05am
I have the issue that my Mainboard keeps resetting even if i changed nothing in the bios using optimal defaults. My bios battery is perfect at 3v and above. I used more than 3 bios versions and changed cpu and ram and even the power supply.

I also used Manual settings on ram and XMP keeps resetting both ways.

I dont know what to do anymore.
frustrateduser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frustrateduser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 6:07am
I am having the same issue with my X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX. Both with default settings and with xmp set on a boot it always attempts 3 times, wipes the bios and then boots. I am on latest 1.0.0.4 Patch B bios. Does anyone know a fix for this?
neveragainasrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveragainasrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:05am
I also have the exact same problem :(
None of the things mentioned in this thread worked for me either and it just doesn't retain any settings in the bios after a power down cycle. Contacted tech support and only response was RMA the board. Seems like it's a broken bios update that needs fixing and getting a new one won't really solve this issue.
Asrock support please fix and release a bios update for this board .

AleggoX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AleggoX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 7:42pm
Bought a new Mainboard and suddenly everything works
neveragainasrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveragainasrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 5:27am
The same ASRock x570 itx or a different brand/model?
AleggoX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AleggoX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 7:41pm
The same one. When i look at the serial/manufacturing number its way more recent then the one i had before. Runs perfectly out of the box. My RAM runs with XMP Profile now at 3600 with 1800 on the infinity fabric. The Chipset fan curve had to be maxed at 50% fanspeed so i cant hear it at all and i removed the grill on top of the chipset fan so its even more silent.i might add it back onto it with some spacers just for the look.

The mobo is not resetting anything now and my cold boots are now very fast so i guess you might want to rma your mobo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic