ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX BIOS keeps resetting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frustrateduser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 3:13am
Originally posted by AleggoX AleggoX wrote:

The same one. When i look at the serial/manufacturing number its way more recent then the one i had before. Runs perfectly out of the box. My RAM runs with XMP Profile now at 3600 with 1800 on the infinity fabric. The Chipset fan curve had to be maxed at 50% fanspeed so i cant hear it at all and i removed the grill on top of the chipset fan so its even more silent.i might add it back onto it with some spacers just for the look.

The mobo is not resetting anything now and my cold boots are now very fast so i guess you might want to rma your mobo.

Not the best news but at least its working, i'll give that a try, thanks for the update
rangulicon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangulicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 12:25pm
Anyone get this resolved? I just reached out to Asrock support. I'm really hoping a new BIOS with a fix is inbound soon. The Taichi owners got a BIOS fix.

Just finished a build with this motherboard and this cold boot bug is really annoying. It almost sounds like a hardware issue, but that doesn't make a lot of sense with how many vendors have been affected by this. I remember 1st gen Ryzen boards having this issue are well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangulicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 5:36am
I got a reply back from ASRock support. They basically provided a few recommendations for troubleshooting sleep-related issues, that aren't related to this underlying problem.

When I brought up that the BIOS settings are reset during a cold boot 100% of the time and fairly often during a normal restart they immediately told me to RMA the board.

Perhaps this is a known issue with some of these boards. I'm not happy I need to replace a brand new board that seems to have a buggy BIOS but hopefully, there is a new revision of the board that resolves this at the hardware layer.

I'll post any relevant updates once I get a replacement board.
ENTERPRISE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENTERPRISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 6:01pm
Hey all,

Also suffering the same BIOS resetting issues on the X570 Phantom Gaming ITX-BT3. I know that due to the volume of issues it is unlikely a battery issue or anything like that BUT I may change out the battery any way. However looking at this board I cannot for the life of me find where you replace the battery on this thing.

Can someone point out to me where it is kept ?

Thanks !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangulicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:07pm
I tested voltage on my battery and it came back fine. If you really want to replace the battery you can easily find it after removing the heat sink assembly that cools the chipset and left hand chokes. You don?™t need to remove the silver retaining bracket that helps hold the IO shield in place. You also don?™t need to remove the top heat sink cooling the chokes directly above the CPU socket.

You?™ll find the battery stuck to the backside housing of the audio connectors. The battery is removable, but it is not your standard CR2032 that pushes down into a retention mechanism, but comes with a small connector soldered to it like these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C6YB6X4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Nwj-EbDKDBWQF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENTERPRISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 6:02am
Originally posted by rangulicon rangulicon wrote:

I tested voltage on my battery and it came back fine. If you really want to replace the battery you can easily find it after removing the heat sink assembly that cools the chipset and left hand chokes. You don?�t need to remove the silver retaining bracket that helps hold the IO shield in place. You also don?�t need to remove the top heat sink cooling the chokes directly above the CPU socket.

You?�ll find the battery stuck to the backside housing of the audio connectors. The battery is removable, but it is not your standard CR2032 that pushes down into a retention mechanism, but comes with a small connector soldered to it like these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C6YB6X4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Nwj-EbDKDBWQF

You are a star, I was indeed chasing to find a CR2032 Type, I can now see it after looking at the naked mobo on Google images. I will leave it for now to see if AMD/Asrock address the issue.

I have sent in a technical support request to see if they have an update or any idea what is going on. I will update the thread here with what they say.

Thanks for your help !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangulicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 6:41am
It?™s strange the forum is changing punctuation in my post to Chinese characters. Maybe the forum runs on software programmed by the same people that handle the BIOS on Asrock?™s motherboards.

Jokes aside, let us know if they tell you anything different than to just RMA your motherboard. No BIOS update in over 6 months is pretty concerning, but others have stated that new boards resolve the issues.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENTERPRISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 11:51pm

It?�s strange the forum is changing punctuation in my post to Chinese characters. Maybe the forum runs on software programmed by the same people that handle the BIOS on Asrock?�s motherboards.

Jokes aside, let us know if they tell you anything different than to just RMA your motherboard. No BIOS update in over 6 months is pretty concerning, but others have stated that new boards resolve the issues.

The issue is that the board that I have received came into stock into my supplier (Scan Computers) and then came out to me. So either the supplier got old stock...or we are looking at the same issue on the new boards as well !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENTERPRISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by ENTERPRISE ENTERPRISE wrote:

It?�s strange the forum is changing punctuation in my post to Chinese characters. Maybe the forum runs on software programmed by the same people that handle the BIOS on Asrock?�s motherboards.

The issue is that the board that I have received came into stock into my supplier (Scan Computers) and then came out to me. So either the supplier got old stock...or we are looking at the same issue on the new boards as well !

I also meant to say that the supplier received the stock of the board that I received on the 16th Jun 2020.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENTERPRISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:42am
Hello all,

I will be testing a new BIOS that Asrock have sent me with respects to the Asrock Phanton Gaming ITX BT3 (X570).

I reported the BIOS resetting issue and they have asked me to try the 2.22 BIOS.

I will report my findings, but for those who would like to give it a whirl please see : https://drive.google.com/file/d/113jdTvETro0fZB4_oA0aCVWaEeK04YGM/view
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic