ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 PRO4 AM4 CPU and DRAM LED's on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackice5674 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 PRO4 AM4 CPU and DRAM LED's on
    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 3:37pm
Hello all,

I have a new build using this motherboard, a 3700x, 2070 super, 2x 16 gig DDR4-3200 Corsair Ram, and a 750 corsair RMX 750 PSU. I plugged everything in, and it all turns on and everything lights up, fans spin, etc. But the DRAM and CPU lights on the mobo are a solid red, there is no image on my monitor, and the computer resets every ~10 seconds. I have tested what I could in my old computer (PSU, Graphics card) and know it isn't either of those 2 parts.

I also tried taking the motherboard out of the case and using the bare minimum of just the mobo, PSU, GPU, CPU. No fans or anything and still get this issue. Tried cycling my RAM through A1, A2, B1, B2 with both sticks. Cleared CMOS too. This is the second ASROCK X570 PRO4 board (the first was DOA). Did I simply get a dud again?

Just btw the corsair ram model is CMW32GX4M2C3200C16W, this is the same as the CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 listed on the approved ram options it just has W at the end to indicate it is the white colored ram, but the same model

Thanks
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:16pm
Both ATX and 8 pin 12V Power Connector applied?
Try with only one RAM stick in A2.

Your second board... Hmm, can you check CPU, GPU and RAM somewhere else?
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:24pm
The odds of getting two dead boards are slim to none. ASRock tests all RMA replacements before shipping them out. Generally speaking, if 2 boards don't work in a row, the issue is somewhere else.

By the looping it sounds like RAM training that is failing or incomplete. Sometimes you just need to leave the system powered on for 20mins (it should POST a lot sooner but 20mins is a good amount of time to be sure it isn't going to). If after that you still don't get POST then see if you can try some different RAM. Zen 2 is better than it's predecessors with RAM compatibility but it isn't perfect.
NOD3141 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOD3141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 6:04am
having this exact issue. Did you get any resolution?
Nicholas DelGaudio
romian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:01am
having the same issue did anyone ever figure it out? i RMA'd my last motherboard thinking it was that
Mellonello17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellonello17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 10:41am
I?™m having the exact same issues you guys are. Anyone have an answer?

Brand new build, everything is plugged in, DRAM and CPU PSC lights are lit. I tried taking everything apart and putting it back together in every configuration.

After looking around, it looks like there are lots of problems with these motherboards just in the last couple of weeks. Is ASRock just selling bad motherboards?!
Ogurchick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ogurchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:43pm
Got the same problem, solved it after puching ram just a bit further into slot.
Mellonello17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellonello17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:00am
@Ogurchick

I tried that last night, and again this morning. After trying out 2 dimm's in a1 and b1, then a2 and b2, then both of the single dimms in each slot, AND the GPU in both slots, even the SSD in both M.2 slots. I'm convinced its faulty.
romian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:30am
I got a couple fix's that I had to do before it would even post. I'll walk you through it.
romian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:31am
Is yours posting or going to bios at all? Or just the 2 red lights and it won't even post
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic