ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

3800X and Asrock Taichi X370

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfa_venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3800X and Asrock Taichi X370
    Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 1:02am
Afternoon, I recently upgrade to a 3800x from a 1800x on my Asrock Taichi x370 and have encountered a few issues.

Primary issue: The computer will not shut down all the way. If I power off via windows or holding the power button; the computer turns back on after 2-3 seconds.

Secondary issue: Not a big deal, I can deal with it. But in order to properly boot (and not get stuck at debug code 27). I have to hold the reset button for about 5 seconds.

Things tried:
Bios 5.6, 5.8, cleared/reset bios each time
1 ram stick in slots a1-a4, 2 ram sticks in a1/b1, and b2/b2
1 gpu, 2 gpu
no harddrives (except nvme)
a corsair rm850 and a evga 1000w psu

Regardless of the permutations of the configurations above, both issues persist.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 2:20am
well i wont have my 3800 until tomorrow
but a few things i can think of

the updated chipset driver from amd support version dated 7/7 (there seems to be a performance hit with the later chipset driver)
AND THEN .use the installer for the later chipset driver BUT ONLY TICK the checkbox for the ryzen powerplan, this will load the lower voltages from later driver without the nerfed drivers for core clocking (reference anadtech article )

also try
a proper bios clear (eg cmos battery out ,disconnected from the wall power lead, and pressing the power on button a few times to drain down the boards caps)

also try (as found/suggested on msi support forums) totally disconnecting the reset button from the board , yes really they seem to have had success doing this (although i cant see technically how an open switch can cause an issue)

also try manually setting the pc in software to 'ryzen balanced powerplan'
other things worth mentioning ..........

have you checked in bios for any power states or resume from sleep settings that may be auto set incorrectly ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
dfa_venom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfa_venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 2:39am
I will try the bios clear and the disconnecting reset button, I have tried everything else however. I do have an assumption that it's the "wake on lan" function that may be doing it, but on 5.8 there's no way to disable the network LAN stack via bios.
dfa_venom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfa_venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:03am
Did as suggested, same symptoms persist, any other recommendations ?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:14am
Originally posted by dfa_venom dfa_venom wrote:

Did as suggested, same symptoms persist, any other recommendations ?

well tomorrow im getting the 3800x for my x370 taichi

i'll have more help then when i can see the bios and options

at the moment im still on bios 3.1 as i am using a 1700 at the moment

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:16am
the guys on the taichi thread over on the overclockers forum dont seem to be reporting an issue like yours

would you like me to ask if they 'did' have this issue and what cured it for you ?

dfa_venom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfa_venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:22am
Sure, that would be swell. I've searched a few different places and haven't seen anyone with a similar issue. I can deal with the second issue, but the not powering off is annoying.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:56am
as i said tomorrow i;ll be running the same setup as yourself

if the system dosnt behave like yours i can post screenshots of bios so you can check off yours to see what the issue is

if i get your problem ,i can sort it then let you know how to do yours

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:58am
one last thing

try unplugging the actual power button from case to board pins (you can start pc by jumping pins with a screwdriver)

just to remove a faulty switch from the equation

dfa_venom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfa_venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 5:04am
Tried that as well, even put the 1800x back in and the behavior stopped (on BIOS 5.6). It's only with the 3800x for some reason.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic