ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rebooting problem with Asrock X570 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 11:52pm
well that would lead to the conclusion that
the system cant handle 4 sticks of ram at 3600 using the timings its setting

so either try
manually entering timings using the ryzen dram calculator
or
running 2 sticks
or
running at 3200
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 3:25am
What exactly are these settings and what should I set to them from DRAM calculator?

VDD_SOC
CPU VDDCR_SOC
PREM VDDCR_SOC

Some said, VDD_SOC is the value of "SOC voltage". Others said I also need to set PREM VDDCR_SOC. Should it be set to the same value? It's confusing.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 6:25am
most of us tweakers (and early adopters of ryzens ) had to manually adjust timings primary and secondary and other little bios tweaks on the boards

it was a pain to try and test and change

and then .......... like a vision from heaven .along came a guy called yuri
internet nickname is 1usmus
he wrote a program to do this for us !

it is called
the ryzen dram calculator, hell even youtube tech channels are using it now (and these guys do know a thing or two about tuning ram)
you basically fire up your system run the program ,tell it to read your ram sticks info and then it spits out the suggested ALTERNATE settings to make it run on ryzen platform
then print it off , or take a picture of the screen with your phone, reboot into bios and manually enter the numbers in the matching section

your looking for 'ryzen dram calculator'
safest trusted download place would be website called
techpowerup

instructions and videos guides etc can be found on overclock.net

the program has the option to select your cpu type e.g. ryzen gen1 gen2 or gen3
and also to note enter the fact its got 4 dim's (sticks) as this will account for the extra load on cpu controller and make it a little less aggressive with the suggested timings
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 6:33am
I looked at it already actually. Please see the above question. The calculator only mentions "SOC voltage". Asrock X570 Taichi has 3 SOC voltages...
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by shmerl shmerl wrote:

I looked at it already actually. Please see the above question. The calculator only mentions "SOC voltage". Asrock X570 Taichi has 3 SOC voltages...

VDD_SOC -> Cannot find that, typo or since newest bios?
CPU VDDCR_SOC -> This is the SOC voltage like for former Ryzens
PREM VDDCR_SOC -> This is new for me, i would leave it on auto
Watch it, if you changed VDDCR_SOC (after restart into bios)

Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 10:55pm
DD_SOC, found it.
This is the CPU SOC/Uncore voltage, probably another tweak for a (different?) supply of the FCLK circuit?
I would leave that on AUTO.

And watch this thread, maybe more infos will come up:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1730162-official-asrock-x570-overclocking-support-thread-12.html#post28107760
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:29am
Got it, thanks. I also found explicit "SOC voltage" setting in AMD overclocking submenue. It also has VDDG / VDDP voltages, that Ryzen DRAM calculator says to set. I tried that, but I still get reboots. So possibly my CPU doesn't have memory controller strong enough to handle 4 RAM sticks and full load on 3600 MHz, or RAM itself is somehow faulty? I'll run more RAM tests.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 2:49pm
Actually, that VDD_SOC is I think what DRAM calc refers to as SOC voltage.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 5:14pm
I think I found a way to make it work. The key was DRAM voltage. I raised it to 1.375 V, and it worked.
vunderful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vunderful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 11:12am
I'm having exact same issue on December bios. System reboots at 70 celsius on cpu. I set RAM to 2000 Mghz and still have issue. I'm only running two stick of Trident z rgb 3600.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic