ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved)Deskmini A300 Hyper-V_boot failure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metis-support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Solved)Deskmini A300 Hyper-V_boot failure
    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:37pm
tested with a few A300M with 3400G: After installing HyperV Feature, the reboot of windows keeps failing.

When you disable virtualization support in BIOS, you can start up windows again, but ofc HyperV isnt usable.

Please advice.

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 08 Nov 2019 at 4:13pm
markollides View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markollides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 11:37am
I am experiencing this same issue with the Deskmini A300W

This is on a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1903 with drivers installed.
Drivers used are those provided on the ASRock product support web page except for chipset and CPU/graphics drivers which are those provided on AMD's website.

CPU is Ryzen 3400G
RAM is DDR4 2666
SSD is Intel 660P 1TB NVMe
BIOS is latest as of this posting - v3.50

After installing the Hyper-V feature and restarting, Windows goes into a boot loop which results in entering recovery mode automatically after a couple failed boot attempts.
Disabling the option to automatically restart on system failure results in the system halting on a black screen indefinitely as it attempts to boot.
Using system restore in recovery mode to roll back to a point prior to the Hyper-V installation restores the system to functional.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markollides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:40pm
Just an update here.
After using BlueScreenView to look over memory dumps generated from the system crashes during boot loop, I found that the crashes are related to the files, "dxgkrnl.sys" and "atikmpag.sys" - these files are related to directx and AMD display driver respectively.

I performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro release 1903 on the system with no network connected to avoid automatic driver installation.
I performed the Hyper-V install and it completed successfully.
I was able to restart and launch Hyper-V.

At this point I connected the machine to the network/internet and, after a few moments, the screen went black and system crashed/restarted into recovery mode after a few more attempts to reboot.
I suspect the behavior that is occurring is a BSOD error but no image can be displayed on the screen when it occurs as it is the display driver that is failing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markollides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:53pm
Another update:
I have booted the machine into safe mode, entered "Device Manager," and manually changed the display driver from "AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics" to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter."
After doing this, I was able to restart in normal mode successfully and launch Hyper-V Manager.

Hopefully this is something that AMD and/or Microsoft can fix soon with an update to the Vega display drivers or to Hyper-V.

I will post back here if I discover anything additional that can be helpful.
mukhsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mukhsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 4:24am
Any updates about this issue?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markollides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 1:04pm
The technical support team from ASRock PMed me with a link to a firmware upgrade which fixed my issue.

I will paste the contents of their message here:
"Dear Markollides,

Thanks for posting your query to ASRock forum.
This is technical support team from ASRock.

Regarding your question about Hyper-V, kindly try with BIOS 3.53 that can be downloaded from the following link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uweq8slGj9FQHcgcP16tdPwDTtrxTpTB

Please use the instant flash method to flash the BIOS.

If there are further questions, please let us know.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD"
mukhsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mukhsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 5:16am
I have updated my bios to 3.60 but still have the same issue

1. I enabled svm from bios, then save it and restart
2. I enabled hyper-v in windows, then restart / shut down
I have tried both restart and shut down but I got the same result, it displayed black screen (the monitor had indicated if it had been connected to hdmi)

Then I forced it to off
I couldn't get into bios before pulling my nvme and plugging my windows media installer

Btw, thanks a lot for your response
amedas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amedas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:36pm
the same issue happens on my deskmini.
I haven't noticed this page and already updated BIOS ver 3.60 from 3.50, so hesitate to downgrade BIOS to ver 3.53.(I don't know if BIOS can downgrade or not.)
ASRock, please help us.
pedox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by markollides markollides wrote:

The technical support team from ASRock PMed me with a link to a firmware upgrade which fixed my issue.

I will paste the contents of their message here:
"Dear Markollides,

Thanks for posting your query to ASRock forum.
This is technical support team from ASRock.

Regarding your question about Hyper-V, kindly try with BIOS 3.53 that can be downloaded from the following link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uweq8slGj9FQHcgcP16tdPwDTtrxTpTB

Please use the instant flash method to flash the BIOS.

If there are further questions, please let us know.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD"

thank you that update bios file worked for me, and successful installing Docker.

but i have another issue when i try to boot again, it goes black screen and need reset CMOS using 2 pin for booting normally, usually it's happened after your reboot / shutdown your pc and try turn on again.

My setup
- Ryzen 3400G
- 8GBx2 DDR4 2666 RAM
- AMD Graphic Driver v 19.10.2
mukhsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mukhsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 11:22am
I have the same issue
I believe the problem comes from the driver
I tried to install Ubuntu (dual boot with Windows) and I installed docker there and everything run without any issue

I hope Asrock fix this issue soon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic