ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x470 pcie lane issues with matisse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x470 pcie lane issues with matisse
    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 4:26pm
Hello. I am facing some problems with pcie lanes in my current Taichi ultimate x470 build.

Specs here:
- Taichi ultimate X470 (with BIOS P3.30)
- Ryzen 3900X 12-core 24-thread
- Nvidia MSI GeForce GT 1030 2GB LP (PCI-e 3.0 x16)
- Dell Perc H310 in IT-mode (PCI-e 2.0 x8)

I started my build with some earlier BIOS version and Ryzen 1700, and updated the BIOS to P3.30 by following the instructions. Then I upgraded the CPU to the Ryzen 3900x and the system was working.

The GPU was installed on the PCIE1 slot and it was working. Then I added H310 card to the PCIE3 slot and I couldn't get image to the screen from the GPU at PCIE1. I read about the pcie-lanes on this motherboard and I realized it has some auto feature which turns PCIE3 and PCIE1 to x8 mode if there is card in both of these slots.

But as far as I am aware the GPU should be working even if it's 8x lanes. I tested the GPU by putting it into the PCIE5 slot (which has x4 slots) and it worked without problems.

In the last test I set the GPU alone in the PCIE3 slot and got no image.
Could this be something related to the BIOS or faulty pci-e lane? Or am I just missing something?

Greetings Polpo
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 6:08pm
You have to switch the two PCIe slots in 2x8 mode in the bios, i think.
Should be under Advanved\AMD PBS\PCIe x16/2x8 Switch
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
polpo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 3:28am
Problem solved with the help of comment above.

Some notes what happened:
- I switched to 2x8 mode and booted with 2 pcie cards attached. It cleared bios settings for some reason and could not get image to screen.
- Switched again to 2x8 mode and set some of the other settings at the Advanced\AMD PBS\ to auto and it started working.

Thanks!   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic