ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to disable SATA Hot-Swap on TRX40 Creator bios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to disable SATA Hot-Swap on TRX40 Creator bios

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 1:04pm
I got an answer from the ASRock Technical Support Division:

Quote Dear ShK,

Thank you for choosing ASRock and contact us.

Today we have used TRX40 Creator to test, but we didn't sea the same behavior as you said.

We connect two SATA disk to the MB and boot into OS with default BIOS setting, the SATA devices doesn't appear in the Removable Hardware list.

For this case, we would suggest loading the BIOS to default setting by pressing [F9] and then press [F10] to save and exit to try.

Thank you,

Best wishes,

ASRock TSD

After pressing [F9] and then pressing [F10] to save and exit, my Crucial M4 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CT512M4SSD2 still appears as removable drive on Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit.

btw, TRX40 Creator bios 1.30 beta has a bug, when you select "Discard Changes and Exit", bios will crash.
ShK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 7:08pm
A little update. ASRock TSD asked me to test with the another brand internal SSD drive and I added all internal SSD drives which I could find. Then I did again that F9+F10 trick in BIOS and now all started to work as should. Any of installed internal drives does not anymore appear as removable drive! After I removed unneeded drives, original drive still works as it should and Windows 10 does not detect it anymore as removable drive. So all good now! Excellent!
ShK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by ShK ShK wrote:

btw, TRX40 Creator bios 1.30 beta has a bug, when you select "Discard Changes and Exit", bios will crash.

ASRock engineer team has fixed now this "Discard Changes and Exit" issue from the BIOS. They also fixed another issue which I reported, "RGB LED On/Off" -option did show wrong status in the BIOS. So I can confirm that all of these are now fixed in the BIOS version L1.42 which ASRock TSD offered to me to test.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic