ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beebox won't wake from sleep with remote or USB
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beebox won't wake from sleep with remote or USB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 11:48am
I can report having the same issue with my Beebox N3150

Beebox N3150
jsp404 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsp404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 10:03am
Me too. I thought I had this working and it seems to wake sometimes. But often I have the same issue mentioned above - blue blinking light changes to solid blue light, but the display doesn't receive a signal. The only way to recover the system is hold down power for five seconds and restart.
kun1he2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kun1he2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 12:06pm
Same here - it there a fix for this?

Disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable doesn't help.
Switching from one HDMI port to another doesn't help.

Same as the rest, only way to recover is to press and hold the power until the light goes off, and then power on again.

Currently on Windows 10 x64 - and the workaround is to disable sleep under the power options.

Marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 5:05pm
I've discussed the issue with Asrock Netherlands and they told me to try a different setting in the BIOS: change the CPU state from C6/C7 to C1

BIOS > Advanced > CPU Configuration > CPU C States Support > C1
fact619 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fact619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 3:16am
Thank you. I tried the C1 CPU setting but no change.

Has anyone had any luck?
colo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 12:03am
ASRock support told me the trick: don't use sleep, use hibernate instead. I verified it works.

In Windows 10 advanced power settings, disable hybrid sleep. Then make sure Sleep is set to never but Hibernate is set to 45 minutes or whatever.
Bluesmanuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 9:10am
Very odd that you would have to pick the hibernation feature for it to work, when I would have thought that the concept would be to be able to wake after a shutdown, considering that there is still power being delivered to the device for it to be started again by the remote control.

Beebox N3150
Marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 3:48pm
ASRock's solutions like changing the CPU state to C1 and use Hibernation instead of Sleep mode are ridiculous, we don't buy a modern power-saving NUC to discover that it's advanced power-saving options don't work!
CPU state C1 was the first lower-power mode introduced with the 486DX4 processor back in 1990!
Hibernation is not recommended when using an SSD and it takes more time to recover from Hibernation than waking up from Sleep-mode. Sleep-mode is nothing special, all my PC's and laptops support it for more than 15 years (maybe more).

It's getting time AsRock takes a serious look at the Beebox since there are some major problems that need to be addressed:

1) BIOS is instable (freezes) and on some units it's impossible to flash it.
2) HDMI ports not always get a signal so we are looking at black screens.
3) Recovering from Sleep mode doesn't initialize HDMI ports.

AsRock, are you reading your own forum???

Edited by Marc - 03 Feb 2016 at 3:50pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 4:14pm
What was provided to Colo was a workaround solution to enable the system to function with the remote and power button. Nowhere has ASRock stated that this is a solution. Colo was kind enough to share the workaround as it worked for them.

I am sure Tech Support is hard at work resolving these issues and providing an interim workaround while they do so denotes a professional and helpful attitude as well as a clear indicator that ASRock cares about it's users. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with your Beebox but if the unit was as flawed as you believe these forums would be swarming with complaints. The fact that it is not means that the issue (regarding sleep) is likely tied to a number of variables not present in every configuration. 

Tech Support now has the arduous task of trying to determine what individual components, both hardware and software, could be causing the sleep issues and then replicating the situation reliably in order to create a solution. As for the other issues, they are not on topic for this thread but doubtless the same applies.

I am in no way speaking with any inside knowledge here, only making an educated guess based on my own experience. 

I can assure you that ASRock does read these forums.

fisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 6:21pm
I gave up.

I have all my computers configured to sleep when not used, but with the ASrock Beebox N3000, it was impossible. Some times, it awaked OK, but 80% of the times I tried to wake it from sleep, the power led was lighted, but computer was frozen. This is not just a blank screen problem, as some people inform; I tried to connect via ping, RDP, etc and got no answer.

Of course, I updated the BIOS, tried with two differend RAM brands, with one and two RAM modules, DDR3 and DDR3L, two different SSDs, with no USB devices, changed all related option in the BIOS, installed windows7 and windows10 several times, configured windows power options and device power management options, tried both BIOS and UEFI boot, two differend monitors, no monitor... A full week of useless work an headaches.

As an extra, the power button did not resist the week of continuous long push resets and it started to get blocked in push position.

Note for ASrock personnel (if they read this post):

*** I RETURNED THE BEEBOX N3000 TO THE STORE ***

Edited by fisco - 03 Feb 2016 at 6:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic