ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

MBoard not Windows 10 compatible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 8:00am
Why not simply install the retail Windows 10?
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
shane49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 8:19am
This IS effectively the retail version of Windows 10, it is the FREE upgrade for Win 7 & 8 users, obtained either by download or ISO using Microsoft's MediaCreationTool.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 9:26am
Huh .?

Links please that state this 10586 Preview IS what Microsoft is providing for updating Win7 and 8.

Not a chance. "Effectively' doesn't work with me. MS would be "Effectively' shooting themselves in providing this BETA 10586 to its unsuspecting user base of millions/billions.

Download the proper Free Windows x.x to Windows 10 Update from the below link and "Effectively" resolve yours and mines problem.:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I'm outta here. Something hinky ........

shane49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 1:05pm
Hah, I couldn't leave it alone eh ? I've now managed to upgrade the BIOS to v1.60, so we'll have another go at the Win10 upgrade off the ISO diskimage.
shane49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 1:44pm
Dead  OK, I admit defeat, good old error:

0x8007025D-0x2000C

Failed in SAFE_OS phase with error during APPLY_IMAGE operation

I'll leave it alone now !

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by shane49 shane49 wrote:

I'll leave it alone now !

Oh you don't get off that easy! :)

Burn the ISO onto a disk and retry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3f10oy/we_couldnt_install_windows_10/

It seems that is generated by having USB devices plugged in.
shane49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 3:07pm
The upgrade attempts ARE from a DVD burned with the ISO image, all USB devices are disconnected, Lan cable is unplugged, Antivirus & Antimalware programs disbled.
wHOAH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wHOAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 12:08pm
I have an A780 Display Port mobo. Can you tell me if there's a BIOS update I can use to make Win10 install? Getting errors, but Win 7 installed just fine.  

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A780FullDisplayPort/?cat=Download&os=BIOS 
shane49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 9:18am
Should have posted earlier - all is well now, the Windows 10 upgrade eventually went through successfully and while I did have problems for a short while with it BSODing, I think that as time went on, this happened less and less until now it's pretty stable. Maybe drivers etc became available over time for the issues that were plaguing me originally. Who knows ? Maybe Windows sensed that I was pretty p***ed with it Wink
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by wHOAH wHOAH wrote:

I have an A780 Display Port mobo. Can you tell me if there's a BIOS update I can use to make Win10 install? Getting errors, but Win 7 installed just fine.  

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A780FullDisplayPort/?cat=Download&os=BIOS 

As you can see, the last BIOS update for your board, which is an actual BIOS firmware, not the UEFI firmware type used for a while now, is from 2010. No Beta BIOS versions exist either.

But if you read this thread carefully, you'd see that it was not a BIOS/UEFI update that helped those with installation problems with Windows 10, it was later versions of Windows 10. They are using different "builds", which are newer, slightly different versions of Windows 10 that were released since the original official first release version. The standard build version now is 10586. This later build seems more compatible with older hardware. You won't see any BIOS or UEFI updates with the description "add Windows 10 compatibility".

That is, the built in drivers are compatible with more types of hardware. That is most likely what is causing the errors you get, there isn't a driver that is compatible. There's a big difference between Win 7 and Win 10, which is why Win 7 work but Win 10 does not. At some point, older hardware is left behind.

But your board's chipset and other hardware may not be compatible with Windows 10, even with the latest build. What are you using for the installation, a Win 10 disk you purchased, or an ISO installation image that you can create with the Windows 10 media creation tool. You can find that in the link below, as well as other information about installing Win 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic