ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

MBoard not Windows 10 compatible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MBoard not Windows 10 compatible
    Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 9:10am
I'm really annoyed, I have a custom build PC with an ASROCK B75M R2.0 motherboard. I've just spent 1.5 days trying several attempts to upgrade the PC to Windows 10 Build 10586, but with a variety of failure messages. Just had an online chat session with a Microsoft Tech and the end result was the Tech informed me my motherboard is not compatible with Windows 10. As "mother" is hardly likely to agree to a new desktop, I guess I'm stuck with Win 7 for the life of the PC. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 3:53pm
Well first of you should expect problems with BETA software. Never mind BETA software from Microsoft. And then, a BETA operating system from Microsoft. C'mon. Really?

Your B75 is indeed supported by Windows 10, be it x86 or x64.
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 4:10pm
You can try using the drivers for the B75M-DGS R2.0, it uses the same chipset and most likely all the same controllers as your board. The drivers are provided by their respective component vendors so they will work with your board. I also do not see any BIOS updates for the board I linked to that add support for windows 10 so it is unlikely that a BIOS update will be needed for your board to support windows 10.

Generally when you cannot find drivers for a particular board it is a good idea to look at other boards on the same chipset (B75 in this case) and see if any of them have the drivers you need. The only differentiating factor between different boards on the same chipset is utility, all the core components will be the same but some may add an additional or different controller for LAN, SATA RAID or other such features. As your board is a fairly straight forward mATX offering you shouldn't encounter any issues with the drivers I linked above.

I would not trust anything MS tech support tells you regarding hardware, they are well known to be impatient and intolerant. As soon as any issue becomes irksome they tend to blame the hardware and redirect you to the manufacturer's support page. This attitude is all too common with software vendors. Don't get me wrong, MS support isn't bad, they just like to pass the buck. 

Here is the ASRock Windows 10 mini site, it lists all the boards that have had Windows 10 drivers added. If you can't find a driver for your board on the page I linked above then look through here and check other B75 board's drivers.

Edited by Xaltar - 30 Nov 2015 at 4:13pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 4:18pm
That is the same motherboard I was comparing to Xaltar. Took a couple of clicks on others but then that one showed 10.

@ OP

A B75 is a B75. Just like an ALC662 is and ALC662. Same with Realtek 8111E. Same with ASM1061.
(edited out the following: Looks like the ASMedia driver is the one you'll not need.)
Get the Win10 ASM1061 driver from the B75 Pro3-M Win10 download page

Intel ME and INF also req'd.

Now would be a good time to update your BIOS to 1.6 too if not there now.

Edited Post

Edited by wardog - 30 Nov 2015 at 4:27pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by shane49 shane49 wrote:

I'm really annoyed, I have a custom build PC with an ASROCK B75M R2.0 motherboard. I've just spent 1.5 days trying several attempts to upgrade the PC to Windows 10 Build 10586, but with a variety of failure messages.

What "variety of failure messages" are you intoning here? From what devices?

Also, I edited my post above.
shane49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 7:27am
Build 10586 November update is not Beta software
shane49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 7:29am
My Windows 10 Upgrade fiasco ?? Novermber 29th & 30th 2015

Upgrade attempt #1

0xC1900101-0x20017

Failed in SAFE_OS phase with error during BOOT operation

Researched this error message and applied some of the suggestions, uninstalled wireless adaptor

Upgrade attempt #2

0x8007025D-0x2000C

Failed in SAFE_OS phase with error during APPLY_IMAGE operation

Again, researched this and applied a couple of suggestions

Upgrade Attempt #3

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Upgrade Attempt #4

0Xc1900101-0X4000D

Failed in SECOND_BOOT phase with error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

Researched, applied suggestions: disable antivirus, disconnect USB devices, disconnect internet, performed update from ISO image

Upgrade Attempt #5

0x8007025D-0x2000C

Failed in SAFE_OS phase with error during APPLY_IMAGE operation

shane49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 7:31am
So, how do I go about updating my BIOS ? Sounds like one of those processes that bricks your device if it goes wrong !
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 7:48am
Anything labeled Preview Build is indeed BETA software. Slow Ring, Fast Ring, TH2. Not even declaring Final Build yet! Nothing I see resembling a product I can go to a store and purchase. BETA.

If you don't know how to update your BIOS, either read up on how to, or stay away from it altogether. Doing something haphazard while flashing is exponentially more hazardous than installing BETA OS and complaining while doing so.

There are no re-do's if you hose your BIOS. One and done.

Edited by wardog - 01 Dec 2015 at 7:49am
shane49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shane49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 7:52am
Hey, thanks very much to you gurus who took the time to reply to my message. I may just leave it until I buy a new desktop with Win10 installed. I do have another 2 Asus laptops I have upgraded to Win10 so I'll use those to play with Win10.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic