ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to Find BIOS Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmazda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to Find BIOS Update
    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 11:28am
Hello, I just recently got a new PC and I was trying to find the support page to see if there's any update. But I'm having trouble looking for it. The computer and motherboard say it's a asrock b450m gaming.... But I can't seem to find a the page. Can anyone help?
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 10:35pm
Go to the motherboard page, scroll down a bit till you see support click on that.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Metalmazda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmazda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 10:40pm
Thanks, but I still can't seem to find it
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 3:45am
is this a Best Buy PC or similar prebuilt?
..is this your motherboard?
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450Mac/

maybe list the numbers that are on the motherboard itself with a picture of the motherboard and then we can better help you in finding it if the above link isn't your motherboard
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
ReneRosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReneRosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 3:15am
I have the same motherboard and it came with a CyberPower PC build. Not finding it on here is agonizing.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 3:36am
Originally posted by ReneRosa ReneRosa wrote:

I have the same motherboard and it came with a CyberPower PC build. Not finding it on here is agonizing.

we really cant help you until you post the exact model number thats printed on the board

we are not cyberpower
we are trying to help with asrock products

tell us the model number printed by asrock on the board and maybe we can help
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ReneRosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReneRosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 3:50am
That's a pretty crappy response.

The Model name is already mentioned in this thread which is how I got here to begin with. It labeled as the ASRock B450M Gaming (AM4) and is not listed anywhere on the ASROCK website, it does not show as having any updated bios or drivers from their software, nor does it seem like they even know it exists.

Using software like Speccy or Z-Cpu yields the same results in naming the board.
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 7:00am
If the board came in a pre-built PC, you need to go to the source,ie Best buy, cyber power etx, to get the updates for the board. It was made to private label specs , sooooo this forum is not a place to seek the updates.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 12:06am
Originally posted by ReneRosa ReneRosa wrote:

That's a pretty crappy response.

ok i'll offer you a full refund ..............

oh hang on im sat here wasting my time for free trying to help you

i'll resist typing what could be a real crappy responce............
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ReverendDC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReverendDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:38am
The issue is that Cyberpower says to update the BIOS through ASRock. ASRock does not have a listing for the B450M Gaming motherboard. This is definitely the name of the board itself as printed on the PCB and through CPUZ and others.

https://support.cyberpowerpc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013965914-BIOS-Updates

Not sure how to resolve this cyclical conundrum. It is quite similar to the /ac version, but not the same, and, as we all know, this can definitely cause issues...

Thanks, all!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic