ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

win7 usb patcher for Z170 Pro4S

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syrtakimann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: win7 usb patcher for Z170 Pro4S
    Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 4:39pm
Hello,

I bought an Z170 Pro4S and recognized afterwards that I am not able to install Win7 via USB drive on Samsung SSD 250GB 850 Evo.
After starting from USB I got the feedback that the driver is needed.
After searching I found the point to use the usb patcher from Asrock, but unfortunately this does not help.
Yesterday I downloaded and started it. Choosed my USB drive with Win7 installation and to create a new iso file from which I would create a new usb drive installation. I got the feedback by patcher that it was done successfully, but no iso file were created where I choosed the target. Dead
So I thought, probably it updated the usb drive instead and tried to boot from it and even that was not possible anymore. Clap

It even looks the way that I cannot choose an iso file as source system what is also very disappointing, so my source system can only be the usb drive, which I always has to recreate a new installing Win7 when the problems comes again like above with the patching tool.

I ran the patcher on different systems. Once on Win7 64bit and another time on Vista 64bit.
Helping hands are welcome.

Regards,

Edit: SSD is shown and known in Bios

Edited by Syrtakimann - 01 Dec 2015 at 4:51pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 5:06pm
http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/

That should get you going in the right direction.

Hint: PS/2 Simulator
< id="kpm_plugin" ="application/x-KPMPlugin">
Syrtakimann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syrtakimann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 5:31pm
Hello Wardog,

you are right, I forgot to change this one, but this was just the case why I did not had my mouse, but keyboard was running what was the most important point.

My problem is currently more on the image side with that tool for the Pro4S board.
Tool said update were successful, but no iso created in given directory and usb stick is not working anymore with the Win7 install image.
As far as I understood I have to use usb patcher in any case for the relation of win7 and my board.

Regards,
René
VaderSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaderSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 7:38am
I had to use the included disk with my Z170M Extreme4 to install the USB drivers once I got Windows 7 launched.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic