ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X99E-ITX/ac - Wifi Driver Not Found Stops Workin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99E-ITX/ac - Wifi Driver Not Found Stops Workin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99E-ITX/ac - Wifi Driver Not Found Stops Workin
    Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:44pm
I have a new computer, only about 2 weeks old.  I'm using the X99E-itx/ac with an i7-5820k, 16GB of Corsair Ballistix RAM, GTX 960 and a Samsung 850 SSD.

It worked fine for around a week or so and in the last couple of days I have been having issues with my wifi network connection.  I got a new Linksys router (EA6300) and it seems like my issues started the following day.  Previously I was using N speed, the new router is dual-band N/AC.

When I have the wifi driver installed it works fine, speed is fast, I can restart the computer, shut down and turn it back on and it will reconnect.  However, the following day when the computer starts it acts as if there's no wifi network driver.  In Device manager, I see the yellow exclamation point on the Boradcom network adapter.  The wired network adapter continues working normally.

I already have the latest Broadcom driver installed.  So I tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling; however, the first time I run the driver install wizard, the computer freezes.  This has happened multiple times the first time I try reinstalling the driver.  After a hard reboot, I have been able to install the driver using the same wizard.  Sometimes this appears to fix the wifi issue and other times I have the same yellow exclamation point and it still is not fixed.

So...any ideas what the issue could be?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:30am
What OS are you using? Are you using the Fast Boot option in the UEFI?

It seems like your problem is related to the use of AC with the new router.

When you uninstall the Broadcom driver, you should reboot the PC before you try to reinstall the driver. Any changes in the Windows Registry will not be applied until after a reboot.

When installing this driver, have the driver installation folder copied to your C:/OS drive. Be sure to left click on the setup program and select Run as administrator.

Device Manager normally displays an error code when a device fails and the yellow exclamation point is shown. That code may help debugging the problem.

Since the WiFi adapter seems to fail on some cold boots, the Windows Error Log and/or Event Log should have entries about that, and may help fixing the problem.

When the WiFi adapter is working fine, or not, have you opened its Device Manager Properties, and checked any of the configuration settings?

Have you tried left clicking on the Network icon on the Task Bar, and tried running the Troubleshoot problems option, or opening Network and Sharing Center? You should recreate the network connection between the new router and the WiFi adapter, if you have not done that already.
Lex355 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex355 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 1:20pm
I am having the same issue and since i only have wifi available this is a huge problem. I am also having my keyboard and mouse drop off at times when i go to unlock my pc or get into the bios. I have already tried a different wifi card and that is not the issue. It definitely has to do with cold boot up it takes like 3 or more boot ups before the board detects the wifi card and actually works. I am close to pulling it apart and sending it in for rma. I have tried a lot of different things and nothing seems to be working. Cold boot there is no wifi. My router has been working fine for months and still is for all other devices. I will try what is posted above but it almost seems like a hardware issue. I hope its not though.
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 12:25am
I am using Windows 7 64-bit and do not have fast boot enabled.  I have tried uninstalling, restarting and re-installing the driver -- this works sometimes but not consistently.

I haven't checked for an error code in Device Manager or a Windows Error Log.  I can check for that later today.  I haven't checked wifi adapter settings while it's working but I did see when it's not working, it shows it is in an S3 sleep state.  I have tried the network troubleshooting but it didn't find any solutions.

I reached out to ASRock Tech Support and they said it sounds like a hardware problem.  They said I should RMA just the wifi/Bluetooth card.
Lex355 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex355 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 12:40am
I have tried using a different wifi card and ran into driver issues. I will try again later when i get home from work. I need to remove all network adaptors and install my Intel wifi card that i know has worked on previous builds. I will report back with my findings. I however think its a board issue and nothing to do with the wifi card.

Jon mine is giving me issues on wake up as well. Just black screens when waking up sometimes. Are you having any of these issues as well?
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 1:11am
Lex, I haven't really had issues when booting the computer, usually just when trying to install the driver (and driver install usually does not fix the issue).

I installed the updated BIOS/UEFI version 1.20.  That has not fixed the issue.
Lex355 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex355 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 1:24am
I am up to date on the bios as well and no fix here either. I tried uninstalling the xfast lan app as well thinking it could have been interfering with the wifi card in some way. Still nothing. A really big issue is that no one else makes x99 itx board which leaves me stuck trying to fix all these issues. I am running an m.2 os drive. Are you using m.2 as well? I wonder if somehow it could be conflicting with the mini PCI express in some way?
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 1:54am
I also uninstalled the Xfast LAN software.

I have a SATA drive, not M.2.
ASRock X99E-ITX/ac | Intel i7-5820K | ASUS GTX 970 mini | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Crucial Ballistix (2x8GB) | Corsair CX600M | CoolerMaster Seidon 120V | CoolerMaster Elite 110 | Windows 10 64-bit
Lex355 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex355 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 12:31pm
Ok so i tried out my intel ac wifi card and remove all broadcom drivers restarted and inatalled intel drivers then restarted again. Wifi worked on the first boot for the last 3 cold boots. I have not seen usb issues anymore as well. Hmmmm I wonder if its been this wifi card the entire time. I will report back with another cold boot in the morning to see if this was the issue. If it is would i have to go through asrock for a replacement wifi card or would i still need to rma entire board?
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 12:45pm
When I contacted ASRock, the first response was to RMA the entire motherboard.  However, I asked if that was really necessary and they said I should just send in the wifi/Bluetooth card.  I just got done taking it out of my computer a few minutes ago.  The RMA paperwork says to ship only the item that needs to be replaced, without original box and any accessories.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic