ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaj007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock
    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 3:00am
Hi,

i've a problem with my Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 so that there is now a debug Code with 55.

Installed is a Intel Core i9 9900k and 32GB, SSD and a RTX 2080.
As powersupply is installed a Dark Rock 850w.

Normally all was Running fine but i was testing with offset to undervolting the cpu to setup a value with -0,060v (-60mv).

Stresstest with Prime95 was running well and the power consumption was by 180W (avx) and temperatur was by 72 degree for 10 minutes, then i started the asrock tuning tool and saw the voltage for offset and has change the value about 5mv and after that the system stopped and rebooted.

Since then there stands now the debug code 55.

I removed the cpu and RAM, do a BIOS Reset but that was not helpful.

So I placed one RAM module on each port but that changed nothing. Power turned off meantime.

I took the RAM modules and installed them into another PC, this one starts fine and no debug code, windows has started.

So my question is now, how i can find out that cpu is broken or is it possible that the mobo is broken too?

Thanks a lot.
André

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 16 Apr 2020 at 2:37pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 4:54am
Disconnect power from the system, pull the CMOS battery then press the power button
for 5 - 10 seconds and leave the system like this (no power connected and battery
out) for an hour. See if the system gives you POST after that. If not RMA the CPU,
if it won't POST after a full CMOS clear it most likely has a blown IMC.
aaj007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaj007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 4:58pm
Hi,

the mobo is defect, new CPU was killed directly so that i must buy a new mainboard too.

now it is working. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic