ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX/ac Thunderbolt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gfd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX/ac Thunderbolt
    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 1:13pm
Greetings,

I have just gotten started with my new machine. The motherboard is in the subject header and the CPU is a 9900K in Windows 10.

Everything is running OK as I learn about the board and BIOS. The only issue is Thunderbolt not appearing in Windows. Nothing in Device Manager. Everything in the Thunderbolt software is blank.

I installed the latest driver from the motherboard's support page. The BIOS is running on Optimized defaults for the time being. The only changes have I made are to disable Thunderbolt security in the BIOS and set custom fan profiles in Fan Tastic. I tried disabling security in the BIOS as that was required to use a Thunderbolt dock on another machine.

I would be grateful if I could get some guidance as to how to get Thunderbolt working.

I hope everyone is keeping well in these trying times,

Graham
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 12:07pm
Dear Gfd,

Thanks for posting your query to the ASRock forum.

For the thunderbolt, here are some suggestions for you to try:
1. Try loading the BIOS to default.
2. Make sure that the following thunderbolt driver is installed.
https://download.asrock.com/Drivers/Intel/Thunderbolt/Thunderbolt(v17.4.76.300).zip

If the problem persists, kindly provide the thunderbolt dock model that is being used. We will check for you.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
gfd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gfd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 9:54am
Thanks. I'll get back to you if I need further assistance.
BGY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 11:25pm
I have the same problem.
All BIOS, drivers are installed as required (hopefully).
Nothing is seen in the ?˜Attached Devices??list.
The purpose of TB3 would be peer-to-peer networking with an Intel NUC.
Could you, please help me?
George
BGY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 11:19pm
Hi Graham,
How is your TB3?
I have the same task to be solved...
George
Captc2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captc2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 2:50am
I have the same problem. Latest WIndows 10 build (2004) and current drivers. The USB-C/Thunderbolt connection isn't visible in Windows. HELP! I hate to have to trash this build - I need that connection.

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:26pm
Dear All Forum users,

Thanks for posting.

Regarding the thunderbolt driver for Win10 2004, kindly download the Rev.71 driver from the link below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZtM868VP0tY2k42D8SNA9zMxQVkN_TTm/view?usp=sharing

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic