ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470 Master SLI very long boot time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ring-s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ring-s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X470 Master SLI very long boot time
    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 5:52pm
To dispel any doubts, the problem with slow boot times is not with any of the components on my computer. During this period, as I have not written, I have tested various components, processors, memory, graphics cards and SSD drives. Nothing reduced the splash screen loading time, only after updating the bios to splash screen time it decreased to 10s. Which is not a good result anyway, because the identical set that I was putting together for a colleague on the Asrock B550M-HDV motherboard starts Windows in 10s from pressing the power button. What's wrong with this album is that there are such problems with it. There are not many tests on the Internet, there is no information about whether it applies to all copies or just mine.
Synapse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synapse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:18am
3200 C16 from anybody but Crucial is an IC-bingo, the same SKU can have different chips from kit to kit (can be Samsung, Hynix, Nanya). This is a very common bin that many chips can do. Crucial is unique in this spot because it's Micron's consumer division, so they use Micron ICs.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 1:17am
arh
handy that.........

your have to have a google for earlier

1.6.2. has it

the clicky thing is labelled
R-XMP
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ring-s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ring-s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 12:43am
In lastest version of DRAM Calculator there is no read XMP, there is imoprt export file XMP form Thaiphoon
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 12:14am
didnt get any results from google for the part number..........

as said

click read xmp in dram calc.
change the ram type to hynix c

then see what results it gives you

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ring-s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ring-s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:51pm
[URL=https://photos.app.goo.gl/32qpLJSH3csccP7t9]Link[/URL]

This is my RAM, is definitly looks like Samsung. I'm surprised Thaiphoon read it correctly, maybe it's some weaker product batch.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:10pm
it may just be the actual chips on the ram stick are untested/unknown to thaiphoon (eg newer)

that link you showed is 4gb sticks with chips from nanya
i doubt they are the ones on your ram, im still guessing with high confidence yours may well be hynic c dies (which is used on the 3600 blackout) and ram usually comes down to just speed binning the chips and then selling them in the bracket there stable at

ring-s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ring-s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:03pm
[URL=https://cdn.x-kom.pl/i/img/comments/products/comment-product-large,,513028/5ded9b5d8ade5.png]Link[/URL]
I found this Taiphoon reading from another user, and as you said, this one is probably closer to the truth. Why is my Thaiphoon wrong? This is the latest version.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 9:33pm
using the calculator
select 'import XMP'
MAKE SURE THE TAB FOR memory type is set to hynix c die

then calculate safe

it should be more reasonable

annoying for you i know ,as it seems this ram is PROCLAIMED to be ryzen friendly .........good old patriot .......(ive never had sticks that played nice with amd from patriot going right back to older ddr3 ram )

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 9:28pm
yeah i just spent 5 mins or so googling your ram

im quite confident its not made with the samsung b dies

i found a definate screenshot of thaiphoon for the 3600 blackout

which reports
hynix c dies

i would hazard a guess your kit uses them
(there also is ANOTHER reason to the three i posted above
samsung b die ram is usually twice the price of other rams using hynix/micron chips
and from the googling of blackout ram i can see its pricing is definately the low end of each speed bracket, and thus
it would have been finacial suicide for patriot to sell ram cheaper than it costs them to make

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic