ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PC doesn't start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Synapse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synapse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 9:59am
Honestly, this sounds like a short somewhere on the board. Make sure you don't have the board resting on a metal standoff where it's not supposed to be, no loose screws stuck somewhere. Then maybe try another PSU. Then try powering on with nothing in the board but the CPU, not even memory. This should be enough for the board to keep the the fans spinning while getting stuck with a memory error code. Phantom Gaming X should have boot codes display to help with further troubleshooting.
laix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 11:42pm
You are right datonyb, sorry about that.

Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

have you tried either using the lower pcie slot or a tv and hdmi ?

I connected a cable HDMI / HDMI from the radeon hd 7870 to a TV,
unfortunately the card doesn't fit on the lower Pcie slot so I removed and moved the PSU but the card still doesn't fit because the hhd led, pwr btn, reset connection etc

I tried to connect the video card on slot close to the CPU and in the middle of the MB with the HDMI cable, I did about ten boot but nothing happened .
Sometimes fans spin 1 sec, sometimes 2 sec, no more than those

I tried these combination with 2 module of RAM (slot 1, slot 2)

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 9:59pm
have you tried either using the lower pcie slot or a tv and hdmi ?

please also note the first initial boot after building OR resetting bios
will take a few boot loops to let the bios assign ram training etc etc

we can only tell you things to check , we cant help if you dont try things exactly as advised and just reply telling us things didnt work when you had them set in a fashion they will not work anyway............
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
laix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 5:36pm
Hello datonyb,
but the pc doesn't start even with no video signal cables linked.

Should be the RAM Apacer NOX RGB DDR4 3200 MHz not compatible with the motherboard?

Today I will try to remove the heatsink and the CPU to check all the pins...
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 6:08am
Originally posted by laix laix wrote:

Yes I use an HDMI / DVI
HDMI from the video card to the monitor DVI

this is the problem

until you get a correct cable e.g.

dvi ti dvi
or hdmi to hdmi

you can either

connect the pc to a tv using a hdmi/hdmi cable

OR
use the lower pcie slot on motherboard

e.g. the x4/x8 one

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 4:58am
Originally posted by laix laix wrote:

I use an old AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition video card, but the phantom gaming x has a AMD Radeon Vega, I can use only this one.

You will only have "onboard" graphics if you have an APU installed .. the 3900x does not have integrated graphics .. you would have to install a 2200g, or 3400g ..etc .. something with integrated graphics to make use of the video outputs on the motherboard. You have to use a video card with your 3900x CPU
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
laix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 3:32am
I tried with    no video signal cables
               no radeon hd 7870 video card (removed)
               only one module of RAM
               no ssd 120GB
nothing happended
laix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 3:15am
Yes I use an HDMI / DVI
HDMI from the video card to the monitor DVI
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 3:13am
are you using a CONVERTOR on the graphics card to the monitor ?

like chaning dvi>vga or something

if so this may well be the problem

it needs to be vga to vga
or dvi to dvi

no adapters or convertors

Edited by datonyb - 07 May 2020 at 3:14am

laix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 3:09am
Thank You ThreeDee,

reseat also the CPU? you mean remove the heatsink,CPU and put them back with new thermal paste?

I use an old AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition video card, but the phantom gaming x has a AMD Radeon Vega, I can use only this one.

I will try and talk to you soon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic