ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PC doesn't start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
_Mael_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Mael_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PC doesn't start
    Posted: 17 May 2020 at 1:22am
Full system spec please
laix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 5:58pm
I tested the CPU with another motherboard and it doesn't work.
I am really disappointed, a new CPU Ryzen 9 3900X broken.
I tested also my motherboard with another CPU and it works.
Thank you guys
Synapse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synapse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 7:12am
You will probably need to remove the CPU from the board anyway to have either replaced, so when you do that take a very close look at the socket, and the CPU pins, make sure there's no lint or thermal paste on them. Other than that, I guess you did everything reasonable in terms of troubleshooting, so you should replace the parts altogether, or one by one, whichever you prefer.
laix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 12:03am
I finally updated the BIOS , version 2.80
Re-setup RAM and video card, I'm still working on the wooden table , power on ,
max it arrives till display code 15. I tried to change RAM slot but nothing new happened .
laix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Synapse Synapse wrote:

Make sure that you renamed the BIOS file you extracted from the archive, not the .zip archive you downloaded. Maybe you will need to enable displaying of file extensions to rename.
The function only works with specific USB port, make sure you plugged into the correct port.

Yes I did, your info are the same of the manual, I tried the newest BIOS (2.80) and after the (2.70), still green solid led.
I don't know which BIOS version there was before because I have powered on the computer.
Synapse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synapse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:32pm
Make sure that you renamed the BIOS file you extracted from the archive, not the .zip archive you downloaded. Maybe you will need to enable displaying of file extensions to rename.
The function only works with specific USB port, make sure you plugged into the correct port.

As to what part to RMA, it's not possible to tell at this point whether it's CPU or the board. Maybe you could ask a local PC shop to test either your CPU, or your board for a few euros, if you currently have these kind of businesses open.
I don't think it's RAM because boards typically stay powered on with CPU fan spinning when RAM is not installed. If it's bad or incompatible RAM, the system can restart a few times, this is called memory training.
laix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:05pm

If you have access to another CPU, try installing another CPU

I don't have another CPU AM4 socket and others ram to test.

I tried to update the BIOS using the manual, renaming (creative.rom) but the led button turns solid green, it means the bios is not operating properly.

What do you think, is it better open a RMA procedure for CPU and RAM ?
How can I be sure I don't have any problem with the mother board?
Synapse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synapse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 11:50am
The codes are listed here https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.us.asp?id=334
They should also be in the board manual
10, 14 are problems with CPU or memory

If you have access to another CPU, try installing another CPU
The board also has BIOS Flashback - you can flash a new BIOS without anything plugged to the board but power and a USB stick. So you can try flashing the latest BIOS using this feature and see what happens.
laix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 9:41pm

Honestly, this sounds like a short somewhere on the board. Make sure you don't have the board resting on a metal standoff where it's not supposed to be, no loose screws stuck somewhere.

I just did, the motherboard is on a wooden table, clean, it doesn't power on

Then maybe try another PSU. Then try powering on with nothing in the board but the CPU, not even memory. This should be enough for the board to keep the the fans spinning while getting stuck with a memory error code.

It's connected : 24 pin , atx12v1, atx12v2 , no video card, no RAM, no ssd.
it doesn't power on
I can see now error code 10 and stop.

I am really disappointed, I don't know what to do, this morning I removed the CPU and installed again . Please tell me what to try next. More than 1000 euro brand new components and the computer doesn't power on.
laix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 5:27pm

Phantom Gaming X should have boot codes display to help with further troubleshooting.

When the boot takes two second , just before stopping the display code is 14.
What does it mean?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic