ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X-ITX+ ROM are fatter than 8MiB whaaa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AMD-fandom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMD-fandom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A88X-ITX+ ROM are fatter than 8MiB whaaa
    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 5:22am
I looked at it and it seems maybe the last 4k comprise checksums and perhaps signing by ASRock. Self-consistency (plus perhaps an unclonable physical factor, hooray!) Still...it hasn't worked? Anyone?
AMD-fandom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMD-fandom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 3:49am
I managed to get a FM2A88X-ITX+ to stop booting by presenting a 3.4 ROM on a flash drive. Attempts thereafter to burn the ROM have met similar fates in that the mobo will power up with no beeps and do nothing.

I have a programmer (CH341 jumpered to 1.8V devices plus a utility) but I find that the binary image is 8,392,704 bytes rather than 8192ish, so it seems that it's not the binary or the first few kb are trash. What offset should I be starting flash with? Is there a magic number at a certain location I can take as a cue?

For example the 3.4 ROM starts with ?¹Â?J#wûH but at $0x00021000 there's another block of data, perhaps the load of UEFI image should be offset to that?

Maybe there's a binary viewer or ghidra environ I should load it into...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic