ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ram hardware reserved on b450 Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
new_user View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ram hardware reserved on b450 Pro4
    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 9:05pm
Hi

I had the same problem, spent a couple of days on it. I upgraded the bios to latest version, that on it's own did not help. Then I moved the DIMMs to slots A1 and A2 and everything started working, and several days later it is still running fine and I see all my memory.

The manual insists the DIMMs should be in A2 and B2 but I could not get that working no matter what I tried. My best guess right now is that the manual is outdated.

In case you hit the next problem, like I did - my DIMMs are meant to run at 3200MHz, but the MOBO was only picking up 2133MHz as speed - in the end I overclocked them in BIOS up to 2800MHz and increased the voltage to 1.35V to make it all work. I have not tried pushing the speed higher, likely more can be done but frankly I cannot be bothered, this is plenty fast for what I need.

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 10:08pm
its usually (99% of the time)

one of the ram sticks is not fully inserted into the ram slot

if you have tried another kit then its safe to assume you have technically reinserted ram into slots

so i suggest
removing the cpu and try to refit that

(i tend to place a finger on cpu and press down and away from socket hinge gently while closing the lever)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 8:20pm
is this a fresh install of windows 10 64bit?
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
nad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 4:25pm
Hi all,

i'm using Asrock B450 pro4 and R5 2600
i'm using Gskill Trident Z 2x16gb 2400MHz
its read as 32gb running on dual channel A2, B2 in bios
but when i check in task manager it say 16GB while the others 16GB of ram is labeled as "hardware reserved"
try everything from unchecked max memory from msconfig,ipdate bios, reinstall the windows,

and i can't use it at 2400MHz everytime i try to change the speed in XMP
PC wont boot (fail three times and boot but with 2133MHz)

tried another set of ram (2x8GB) and the problem still occurs
i'm sure there is no problem with the ram kit
so i'm thinking maybe i get a faulty MB, can i claim warranty for this issue?
or maybe there are some troubleshooting that i miss?

any feedback is appreciated
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic